DIR Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Low Profile
One or two piece lens of tempered glass
Comfortable fit
Prescription lenses if required

Straps should be replaced with a nylon and neoprene strap.

My favorite mask is the Scubapro Framless.

JimC

Why do you say prescription? Are you suggesting that over wearing contacts?

Scipt vs. contacts.................hum.........I chose lasik.....finally after 4 years of debating. Best thing I ever did for myself.

So, does anyone own a Halcyon mask and can give any reviews on that? Unfortunately, the scubapro mask doesn't fit me well at all... and none of the shops have halcyon masks in stock... bummer... I have Oceanic Shadow, which is a good mask, but the freaking thing fogs up every time no matter what you do or how you clean it. I hear it;s a common problem and may be attributed to your eyes being way too close to the glass to always perspire the moisture form the eyes on the back of the glass.

I tried it and it sucks! Find something else.

VTernovski:
So, does anyone own a Halcyon mask and can give any reviews on that? Unfortunately, the scubapro mask doesn't fit me well at all... and none of the shops have halcyon masks in stock... bummer... I have Oceanic Shadow, which is a good mask, but the freaking thing fogs up every time no matter what you do or how you clean it. I hear it;s a common problem and may be attributed to your eyes being way too close to the glass to always perspire the moisture form the eyes on the back of the glass.

I have a mask I bought years ago for snorkeling in Indonesia. It's a kid sized mask with a purge valve. The folks teaching my DIRf class didn't much like the purge valve idea, but allowed the mask as long as it didn't leak and I could clear it. Having a blue frame and clear skirt most definitely violated rule 6!
Well, a couple of weeks ago I stumbled across a Seavision 2000 on ebay that was touted to fit narrow faces. It fits, it's comfortable, doesn't leak and is easy to clear. Best part was - $26 including shipping! I like it even better than my now back-up non-DIR mask :D

That Halcyon mask looks identical to the Scubapro Frameless. If I had to guess...

BradJ:
That Halcyon mask looks identical to the Scubapro Frameless. If I had to guess...
Reasonable guess, but the Halcyon isn't frameless...or the one I checked out wasn't.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom