DIR Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not positive, but I'd go out on a limb on this one and say SP does make this mask. If they can make fins, they can make a mask. I can tell you some of the knockoffs really stink (literally). I believe it's the Scubamax, but don't quote me on that, smells like someone was smoking in it. It also fogs a lot easier. It has a dull finish. Other than that, it appears to be the same mold. The Apollo version is nice. Halcyon rebadges their mask. I believe it is a Sherwood mask.

A lot of the companies don't make their equipment, but a few like Halcyon do make quite a bit of their gear. btw, I just found out this weekend from Dave Sweetin that UK SL4 bulbs assemblies don't work in the Scout lights. They machine their own assembly since UK changed the design. If you put a new SL4 in a Scout, you can turn it off and continue to back it off and it will come back on.

JPBECK:
That sucks--- Masks are masks ---As long as they fit your face ---they are good--- do you really think Scuba Pro or Halcyon has a machine that molds their masks...Hell no they just paint their name on it. As you found out that's what the big manufactures do they buy the masks from outside venders and put thier name on them. Just like they do with BCD's/ Bladders--- Diverite= DuraBag--OMS= Some company here in Corona Ca--- I dont know about Halcyon I heard they get some parts made for them and they make the rest-

Do you think there will be a requirement for Sring straps for masks?

lragsac:
I believe Apollo makes a mask that looks really similar to the ScubaPro frameless mask (which is what I use) and also to the Halcyon mask. I used to have an Oceanic Shadow and it was constantly fogging. I thought it was just me...

I have the Apollo. I examined the SP vs Apollo and can assure you that they don't come from the same mold - the Apollo is about 1/8" wider. It is without a doubt my most treasured piece of dive gear, not because it's fancy or better than any other mask but because it fits ME PERFECTLY! The last time I checked the price for this mask was very nice on Leisure Pro,$29.99 - I bought a backup in case I lose #1!

I can't remember the place I got my first, but I think Atlan made it. Try this site and look for the model below.

http://atlaninc.com/docs/acc-neoprene.html

Mask strap with adjustable buckle (MSB-98)

I hate the velcro versions.

VTernovski:
speaking of which, do you know any store that sell a good one? I've seen 5thD strap, but was wondering if there're others.

-VT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom