DIR Literature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's an amazon third-party seller and they've probably moved a decimal point. They probably meant to put it in for $19.80. If you contact the seller they should be able to fix it.

Printing books in small numbers is expensive.
Most of the cost is in the setup of the presses and the running time. Short runs take a lot os setup and are run on slower press lines so the cost is high.

When you get into printing more than a million copies it geta a LOT cheaper on a per copy basis.

Someone active in the printing business could give better numbers and the break points but you can bet that the GUE books are all in the short run or very short run categories.
For really small numbers print on demand can be a good choice.

I doubt that GUE is making much money on book sales, but I don't know their numbers.

Rick L:
Doing it Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving
one question why does it cost so much???
Rick L

One piece machined delrin, pressure tested to 300 FSW? :D

I always see it for around 200$ on ebay and amazon?
But didn"t know it was good for over 300 feet :)
Good for deco reading i guess :)
Rick L

Rick L:
I just ordered it for 25 on the gue site :)
Why is everyone trying to get so much for it?
Rick L

...so they can go buy "plum smugglers" for themselves!:D

Rick L:
Why is everyone trying to get so much for it?

I gave the serious answer to this question in post #11. I tried to track down a few of these cases and they turned out to be sellers in very good standing and unlikely to be fraud or other kinds of abuse, so it was probably just a case of a misplaced decimal point in uploading a catalog.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom