DIR Fundamentals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Pirate once bubbled...

snip non-informational comments;

No! You must have the DIR patch for your wetsuit b4 you can be a DIR diver. :kidding:

The Pirate:pirate:

Another post where you manage to say nothing whatsoever. You're very good at this. Possibly you could trade your pigeon for one with a larger vocabulary?

Agree. Why do that? Maybe it should be removed.

If I put a swivel with a captive "O" ring on my first stage to pull a hose down and out of the way...

Dennis,

It's funny you bring up the swivels on the 1st stage. I had to end a dive at the surface of the water because one of the o-rings in the swivel was leaking. We exited the water and I suggested to my buddy an alteranate routing for his regs. He made the change and the hoses were clear of his valves and routed nicely.

We went and had a nice dive. We made our way back to the shop for some fills and I noticed him tinkering with his reg. The next day I looked at his regs and he had the swivel back on there...hmm. I didn't get why he changed it back.

Later I found out that because he paid for it, he wanted to use it.

Some people are just like that...I guess.

I agree on the financial situation. I sold 4 regulators to get 1 solid one but after 6 months of diving them it was worth it : )

Original question:

Can you use a long hose?

Yes.

Just be carefull of the length and how you route it. My first experience of hearing this, I ended up with a 9' hose bungeed on the side of my tanks. It took one air-share to figure out there had to be a better way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom