DIR Doing Their Thang!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:doctor: To all the DIR and non DIR divers out there! I dive a Zeagle BP and wings (of course my wings with redundant bladder is custom with a prototype BP panel) I have a Zeagle drysuit and original Zeagle Apeks regs Heck I'm the Zeagle poster child (Please Note I do not use their fins and they know it) Dacor Mask but I do have a Zeagle as back up. Example - By the equipment comments of the DIR idealism for example I do not dive DIR. Because My harness has quick release buckles on the shoulders.These could be a breaking point. OK so can straps break if poorly maintained. Does DIR consider those people who have had shoulder injuries and kitting up difficulties with using a strap harness. Having more than 10K logged dives, most of which is overhead I have yet to see a diver lose a tank set short of a tank falling out of loose tank bands, could it happen I suppose it could worst case scenario. My long hose is very easily deployable, I have been told my rig is very clean. Yet you would say I'm not DIR. As I said before I am sure I will learn something if I took a DIR-F class. So what are the skills they review in the DIR teachings?

GDI:
:doctor: You keep making this an agency thing, why? Who is to say that a good instructor of another agency would not cover all the skills and criteria that GUE teaches

They might. But how would you know that?

GDI:
:doctor: To all the DIR and non DIR divers out there! I dive a Zeagle BP and wings (of course my wings with redundant bladder is custom with a prototype BP panel) I have a Zeagle drysuit and original Zeagle Apeks regs Heck I'm the Zeagle poster child (Please Note I do not use their fins and they know it) Dacor Mask but I do have a Zeagle as back up. Example - By the equipment comments of the DIR idealism for example I do not dive DIR. Because My harness has quick release buckles on the shoulders.These could be a breaking point. OK so can straps break if poorly maintained. Does DIR consider those people who have had shoulder injuries and kitting up difficulties with using a strap harness. Having more than 10K logged dives, most of which is overhead I have yet to see a diver lose a tank set short of a tank falling out of loose tank bands, could it happen I suppose it could worst case scenario. My long hose is very easily deployable, I have been told my rig is very clean. Yet you would say I'm not DIR. As I said before I am sure I will learn something if I took a DIR-F class. So what are the skills they review in the DIR teachings?
Yeah, you will learn something if you take the class.

cornfed:
That doesn't help your case either.

You said the only way to be DIR is to either
  • Hold a GUE card
  • have taken DIR-F before they issued cards
  • be a member of the WKPP
and my point is that this is ridiculous. Please explain to me why you must satisfy at least one of those requirements in order to be DIR.

Let's see. By some remote possibility that someone taught the exact same equivalent of a DIR class, you could be right. I think that that possiblity is very remote at best. Remember, this is a holistic system. You can't teach pieces of it.

How would someone dive DIR if they were not taught to dive DIR? And who would teach them if not for my examples? Please don't say they would learn it on the internet.

O-ring:
Probably Canadian Extreme...I have two of those myself.

Yes, that's them. Nice quality lights. Weird orange glow to them, though.

detroit diver:
Yes, that's them. Nice quality lights. Weird orange glow to them, though.
You have the "Sting" models...they glow orange when strokes are nearby..

GDI:

GDI,

Equipment is just a small part of DIR. That's what most people focus on.

O-ring:
You have the "Sting" models...they glow orange when strokes are nearby..

I think at least 2 of my dive buddies would take offense to that! Both are GUE instructors.

detroit diver:
I think at least 2 of my dive buddies would take offense to that! Both are GUE instructors.
Maybe GDI was in the water lurking... :wink:

detroit diver:
How would someone dive DIR if they were not taught to dive DIR? And who would teach them if not for my examples? Please don't say they would learn it on the internet.

LOL, you're too much for me DD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom