DIR divers in Texas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tony,

I think you have one of them Communist typewriters. (please see post #26) All the words got scrambled. You should probably look into it. I'm not sure that kind of thing is tolerated out where you live. Fortunately you're friends with the Governor.

I was wondering the same thing. I just wasn't brave enough to call Tony out!

Not calling him out here. Just alerting him to the dangers.

Wow! I missed out on an entire thread that starts off mentioning DIR! Clearly I have been offline and not paying enough attention to my TSD and DIMWIT brethren!! I am completely ashamed of myself!! :wink:

I imagine this thread remained civil because reticentDiver seems like a decent fellow without an attitude. Fellows with GUE certs are pretty rare around these parts...meaning this forum. Actually, not a lot around here at all. What you will find are a lot of competent divers...both rec and tec. I don't think you can find a better place to train and find confidence in your diving that the lakes around here. We didn't put "Good Viz is Overrated" on the back of the last DIMWIT t-shirt for no reason. :D

As far as the friendliness you feel over in the DIR forum goes that is most likely because a) you're new to and inquisitive about DIR; and b) you probably aren't questioning their motives or philosophy. Try that and I'm pretty sure you'll see the ugly side of a couple of them. Most are pretty decent fellows though.

Welcome to The Swamp, reticentDiver! I'm sure we'll run across each other out at the lake sooner than later!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom