DIR divers in Texas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carlos,, WELCOME to the Lone Star State!

You will find a fair amount of DWD in that area and across the entire state,,,,, "Doing It My Way in Texas". By the way DWD stands for "Dim Wit Diver". We are divers with a 'happy' cross of many differeing styles and configuration!

Ditto again Ian!
I was about to offer the same.

Lots to learn from everyone you dive with (good & sometimes not so much). If new to Hogarthian, diving with others and observing what works for them can be very rewarding. Try what you like, then adjust. (It can also save lots of $$$ when you realize that gizmo the shop wants to sell you is really not necessary, and may be more of a hazard or hindrance to performance and safety-IMHO):wink:

The HOG configuration is tried and true, standard, proven, and works very well. It's the little things that sometimes make the difference, so diving often provides practice and a chance to learn from one another. :D

Safe diving...

I'm thinking of going to Mansfield on friday evening (have a new toy I need to try out :) )
Anyone interested? (there will be a bit of deco involved)

I'm interested, but let's not temp the un-trained... not the right thread to post bro :crafty:

FYI - Want to deco dive? There are several great technical instructors who can teach you the knowledge you need to know, and help you obtain the skills you need to have.

If you need some references, send me a PM :wink:

Hey Carlos....... Welcome !
There are a bunch of nice folks here ! Some are even honest.

Just remember that no matter what they tell all you, " Around Here " Lots of them don't like a Bogart ( Hogart / Bogart ... same thing :fruitcake: :cakefight: )

The DIMWIT Code Rules ! :goingdown:

Reticent,
I don't speak for everyone here; I am not pompous enough to do that; but, a lot of your Texas divers are DIMWIT divers; not DIR divers.

As noted, there are quite a few HOG divers and -- I will emphasize -- safe divers. But there are a lot of DIMWIT divers. Does anyone immediately have the link to the DIMWIT code available? . . . . . I copied it to my hard drive :D

Hey Carlos....... Welcome !
There are a bunch of nice folks here ! Some are even honest.

Just remember that no matter what they tell all you, " Around Here " Lots of them don't like a Bogart ( Hogart / Bogart ... same thing :fruitcake: :cakefight: )

The DIMWIT Code Rules ! :goingdown:

Yes, yes it does!
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Reticent,
I don't speak for everyone here; I am not pompous enough to do that; but, a lot of your Texas divers are DIMWIT divers; not DIR divers.

As noted, there are quite a few HOG divers and -- I will emphasize -- safe divers. But there are a lot of DIMWIT divers. Does anyone immediately have the link to the DIMWIT code available? . . . . . I copied it to my hard drive :D

I have the DIMWIT Manual, rev1. No link though. I'm probably pompous enough to speak for everyone here and I think everyone here says "Welcome to Texas!"

The last time there was a thread involving the DeeEyeArr it wasn't nearly this friendly.

Back
Top Bottom