DIR divers: Deviations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pville, you know deep down you really want to be DIR. Go ahead and drink the koolaid and get it over with :) Don't worry about the sticky though, your bungied wings of death already give it away.

I havn't taken any GUE classes but I have studied the philosophy a bit. While I agree with a lot of it I do not feel that it fully fits my needs. Under certain situations I will dive without a buddy. I feel that it is possible to manage the risk associated with solo diving and as such I don't agree with the never solo diving idea. As I am a thinking diver I am able to weigh the risks and I feel that under certain conditions the benefits outweigh them. I also dive air. While I prefer nitrox it is not always practical.

While I have not used it myself I believe that sidemount is a useful configuration in many situations and I can see myself playing with it in the future.

This is starting to feel like an AA meeting or something...

~Jess

PvilleStang:
If you guys don't watch out, we'll all be stickied in the DIR forum as strokes...
I'm not even allowed in that forum...so what would I care.

You ain't missing much in DIR. I mean we've degenerated to talking about tying your snaps on with dry vs. wet cave line and taking advantage of the stretch when wet to get the stuff reallly tight.

So can we vote you back into the club now or are you just gonna switch to "Jeff_G"?
:D

This hog thread has been the best + funniest thing around here in days.

rjack321:
You ain't missing much in DIR. I mean we've degenerated to talking about tying your snaps on with dry vs. wet cave line and taking advantage of the stretch when wet to get the stuff reallly tight.
The ultimate evolution. It means its close.

rjack321:
So can we vote you back into the club now or are you just gonna switch to "Jeff_G"?
:D

This hog thread has been the best + funniest thing around here in days.
Nah...I get more mileage complaining about it :wink:

rjack321:
The DIR forum has always been about nit-picking minor gear issues to death. I recall a long, involved discussion a couple years back on bent D-rings, and whether or not they were DIR.

Remember what Forrest Gump's mama always used to say ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

rjack321:
I mean we've degenerated to talking about tying your snaps on with dry vs. wet cave line and taking advantage of the stretch when wet to get the stuff reallly tight.
Wetting the line with salt or fresh water?

Soggy:
What an amateur question...everyone knows that DIR divers only dive in fresh water!

Uh oh, I guess we are going to have to desalinate the Pacific, better then being a bunch of strokes . . . :wink:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom