Dinner Meetings: Sunday Aug 22 & Tuesday Aug 24 - Interested...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Dandy,

I am sorry to say I have to miss it after all. My business in Houston needs me there Monday morning. Maybe I can come back for Tuesday night.

Dave Dillehay
Bummer. Thanks for letting me know and if you can't make Tuesday, I'd still like to meet you when you get back.
I think that I will be able to make it and have a drink before you have dinner. It will be nice to meet those I have nown on SB all these years!!
Great!

Sunday...
  • Don & bud Jer: 2
  • Merfman & Jen: 2
  • macado: 2
  • suprane: 2
  • 84turboz: 1
  • azscubadude: 1
  • Andrethediver: 2
  • [-]Dave Dillehay: 2[/-]
  • n8lykind & Steve: 2
  • judydivescoz: 1

Tuesday...
  • Don & bud Jer: 2
  • 84turboz: 1
  • Texas Torpedo & Christi: 2
  • suprane: 2
  • ddeborahdelamar: 1
  • paulw: 2

Thursday @ Chichen Itza

Just Jer & me: 2

Very nice dinner gathering. :thumb: Thanks to all who came..!

I guess 7 pm is a little early for here; I'll remember that next time - and just take a longer siesta. 84turboz was virtually one time :wink: but on couple who was on the same boat that got back at 6:15 didn't make it, understandably. Glad the rest who came did, arriving when they could - no problem.

Anyone who can make it Tuesday, at whatever time you want - cool, see y'all there.

It was nice to meet you all tonight. Good to see the faces behind the names.

Ok, I'm late but on the way...

Edit - 3 hours later: Back from a very nice gathering, about the same size as Sundays, a few of the same folks and a few not same. It was certainly nice to meet some people I hadn't before as well as see some I had before again - but I'm not going to try to do names. I did get sticky name tags on everyone for those of us who like to call a person by name but can't remember worth a damn, but I did not take a roster and certainly don't trust my memory here.

Anyway, thanks for coming all...!

Last edited:
Many thanks to Judy and Don for the thread and setting up the dinners. It was nice to meet you all and put some names to faces. Sorry we missed you on Wednesday but we were busy with our RD certs, which we passed yesterday. Yay! Thanks again, happy bubbles to all!

Merf and Jen

Anyway, thanks for coming all...!

Thanks for putting the dinner at Sonora together, it was nice meeting everyone.

Here is a shot in front of the Copper Hood of some of the guys !!!

Sonora_Grill.jpg

Thanks for the picture.

How was the dinner and drinks? Any specials for the S/C dinner?

Easy to spot the Hotel Coz diver.(red wrist band)

And did anyone try the bacon wrapped shrimp?

They ruined that hood by painting on it. Not sure if it's real copper or not, but it used to look better.
And did anyone try the bacon wrapped shrimp?
Yeah, they were good. I am not a food connoisseur, so wasn't excited but then a real beef hamburger pleases me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom