Ding in new tank neck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a dancing with Dive Gear Express pro forma I prepared earlier for you, dudes and dudesses

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 3:21:10 EST, Happy Diver, > wrote:
Dudes and dudesses, regarding Order # 431851
I bought the part PICTURED, DGX BC Overpressure Relief and Dump Valve
DX-202900
I do not want the flying saucers you sent me
They are not the parts advertised.
They do not suit my purpose.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 7:51:32 EST, Dive Gear Express, > wrote:
We are sorry for our error! To make sure we don't repeat it,
are you able to send a picture of what you received?
Also, what part number was marked on the bag?

Safe Diving,
Mark
How would you rate my reply?
Great Ok Not good

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 9:05:28 EST, Dive Gear Express, > wrote:
We apologize for any issue you are having with your order. Can you send me a quick photo
of the part you received instead of the DGX BC Overpressure Relief and Dump Valve which was on your order.
Once we see what is going on we will resolve this for you quickly.

Safe Diving,
Keith
Great Ok Not good

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:00:48 EST Happy Diver, > wrote:
I ordered two parts pictured on your website as
DGX BC Overpressure Relief and Dump Valve SKU

DX-202900

The bags thay came in are labeled "BC Overpressure Relief and Dump Valve
DX-202900"

My photo shows the part that I ordered on the right.
You sent me two of those shown in my photo on the left.
What I received were not the part that I ordered. They do not suit my purpose. I have no use for them.

View attachment 505411

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 7:59:34 EST, Dive Gear Express, > wrote:
Happy diver
Hello and thank you for the inquiry.
Sorry for the confusion. The part you ordered is the part you received. There is simply a slightly different "look" to them (we are updating our website to show the exact design now) but the thread size and function are exactly the same. If you would like to return them we are happy to accept but want to clarify that those components you received are the correct product as labeled.
Hope that clarifies...
--
Safe Diving,
Geoffrey
Great Ok Not good

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:28:59 EST, Happy Diver, > wrote:

Well geoffrey, had you correctly represented your item I would not have bought it
and as such I would not be wasting more, our lives, discussing your glaring inadequacies.

Go swap your car for a Pinto geoffrey, go on do it now, quickly before
you miss out.
I'm sorry geoffrey, but it's still a car!

Your pictured Dive Rite dumps look identical to the ones I bought
and would perfectly suit my purpose, if they actually are as pictured?

I'm very pleased that you are happy to accept my return of ten dollars of product
that I did not order and I feel privileged that you are now changing your website
to avoid any further confusion of clarity but I will decline such impracticality and
suggest you find your happiness elsewhere.

Of course it goes without saying that congratulations are in order that you managed at least
to get half your listing correct but then your feeble insistence that due to a part number on a bag
independent of the part itself, suggests that I received what I ordered only to abrogate responsibility
is school yard pathetic.

I want dumps that look like the ones I bought and paid for.

Go on quick, read your message aloud whilst looking in the mirror.

Have your parents or children with you to do a critique.

Hope
that clarifies...

Thank you geoffrey.

Fobbed off like an imbecile, "customer."

Did you know geoffrey, I recently bought some close to hundred dollar booties where
upon opening the package it seemed the dive shop must have had storage issues
either in a cows arse or under it, where by it was explained that after the first dive
the gruel would wash off and after a couple more the creases would disappear.

Magically I think.

They took them back, not difficult as we were standing face to face, me
arm outstretched and booties dangling directly under the proprietors nose.
Offered me credit, credit? credit for what more garbage, stuff that I didn't buy or want?

How about I offer them an invoice for my time, for selling, "not for public consumption."
However taking them back is not the point.

Hey I could hook you up with the proprietor dude, you could discuss business strategy
What a great idea, I should do “Like Minded Incorporated” as a job

Brilliant.

What do you think geoffrey?

And again when in the school yard many moons ago I wished to be an adult
It's quite lonely here!

so finally some philosophical words for perhaps geoffreys the world over

When dealing with other peoples money do not piss on their leg

tell them it's raining then skulk back from whence you came

convinced that you are absolved, and that the customer is satisfied...

The worst of it is, you didn't actually skulk due to the thinking your reply is satisfactory

Happy diver,
I am very sorry for the confusion and sincerely did not intend to upset you or misrepresent any product we offer.
We will issue a full refund for the items and can only hope you will accept my genuine apology.
The item design was changed by the vendor with no notice or warning to us..I tried to rectify immediately on the website as soon as you brought it to our attention.
Again, a credit to your Paypal account has been issued..
Thank you,

--
Safe Diving,
Geoffrey

Great Ok Not good

They apologized. Is that not enough? They took care of it.

If box is damaged, DGEx can file a claim with UPS. Many times, they just refund rather than send someone to look at the box.

I’ve ordered 1000s of dollars from them over the years. Sometime there has been problems. DGEx always corrected the issue. Usually they want a picture or more explanation but I have never been disappointed with them.

For the OP. If the cylinder was shipped sans padding in the box shown. The carrier is not going to do squat as they will say it was not properly packaged for shipment. Of course they are going to say all that to DGX not you, but after the shipper comes to inspect everything (perhaps). So at the end of the day it will be between you and DGX.

Maybe I am missing something here. But unless manufacturing processes have changed, AL tanks are not poured.

DW

If there was shipping damage, it should have been reported to the shipper and carrier at time of receipt.

The shipping container does look inadequate, so the carrier may throw the liability back to the shipper.

If the dings are in contact with the O-ring, then I would not use the tank.

If the dings are not in contact with the O-ring, then I would just use the tank & not worry about it.

A small ding in the corner of an o-ring gland will often cause a blowout over time. My brother's tank blew an O-ring while sitting in his closet, after being left full for a few months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom