DIN to Yoke Adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a HOG DIN->Yoke adapter that works well. I also carry a three way hex key on trips so I can pop the inserts out of rental tanks if I don't have my tanks with me. If they aren't convertible valves I use the converter.

I'm still curious what broke on the DGX adapter. That's very surprising....

The issue is that it wasn't machined as a single piece, rather in 2, to save money. The yoke part is threaded into the DIN part with no set screw or other mechanical stop. So when you go to unscrew the adapter from the DIN 1st stage, the yoke portion unscrews instead of the entire adapter.

no kidding, that's an idiotic design. I've never seen one that wasn't one piece... That said, all but one of mine are ancient Poseidons that are milled in one piece....

I think they had attempted to red locktite it, but it failed on the first installation, if that says anything.

I have a HOG one I don't use if you pay shipping you can have it. PM me if you want.

---------- Post added September 2nd, 2015 at 03:58 AM ----------

Scratch that, my good deed for the day, if you want it I'll ship FOC call it a birthday present. What goes around and all that...

I've already ordered a Zeagle unit which should arrive tomorrow. Thank you though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom