DIN to Yoke Adapter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boosted98gsx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anyone have knowledge of a more cost effective DIN to Yoke adapter than the scubapro or apeks units? These things can't honestly really be $100+. The Divegearexpress unit is 2 piece, and I've had a friend have his come apart within an hour of ownership.

*edit* nevermind, they sell zeagle units that appear to be of good quality. Going to grab one.

R, I think he wants to go the other way.

Boosted, send a link of the ones you're looking at for clarification, but how does a din-yoke adapter "come apart"?

My reg is already DIN, but I have 2 yoke tanks. That's why I need the adapter. Eventually I will be converting my tanks to DIN after they are hydro'd.

Sorry I wasn't more clear as to what was DIN / Yoke in the OP.

I went ahead and grabbed the zeagle unit from DGX.

why wait to convert until hydro? The adapters are good to have around, but you can just take them into your shop, and if they're good for anything, they'll drain them, slap the new valve on, and fill them right back up for no charge....

My tanks are expired, but have a full fill of 37% Nitrox in them. I want to use the air before I send them in for hydro. When I get around to that, I'll replace the valves.

I am going on a trip this weekend to hopefully use up what's in the tanks.

Eventually the end goal is to twin them up for increased bottom time with nitrox for extended shallow water diving.

Precisely. This is turning into an exercise in logistics for certain. I already have a set of bands, and a bridge, but I don't think they are the same size (center to center). I might just buy the Din/Yoke K valves now and wait on the isolator for a later time and dive them as singles for the time being.

if you want to dive doubles, already have the bands, you can measure center to center quite easily. If you have a full manifold set, you can remove the crossbar and plug them instead of having to buy new valves, or just set them up as doubles. Pretty easy to check the spacing.

Does anyone have knowledge of a more cost effective DIN to Yoke adapter than the scubapro or apeks units? These things can't honestly really be $100+. The Divegearexpress unit is 2 piece, and I've had a friend have his come apart within an hour of ownership.

Back to your original question, I have one of these and it is of high quality and has served me well HOG DIN to Yoke Adapter - Dive Right in Scuba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom