DIN post dive soak sealing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah after having just finished rebuilding 3 sets, I was now certainly more sensitive to the need for a good soak after SW use - especially if I couldn't get a quick rinse in before or the regs got dried out. The delrin are supposed to seal against the o-ring so there shouldn't be an issue. Sure, a soak with pressure would be best but with only 1 yoked pony, that's just impractical for me.

If you have a good inlet protector, the issue is moot. I rarely bother connecting my reg to a tank for an 8 to 12 hour soak. Never had any problem.

I try and not let my gear dry out before it hits the warm freshwater rinse but regs go in 1st along with the other non absorbent bits (masks, fins, knife, gun, etc) for a few hours. Maybe I need to consider a much longer soak

You can't find enough things to buy from DGX to get the free shipping??!?!
heh - yeah of course if I really started looking I'm sure I could. Trying to spend it on actual diving rather than more gear.

Lately I've been using a 3cf cylinder to soak my regs. It fits in the sink. I got it on eBay for $10 -- it started out life as an oxygen cylinder for a high altitude ejection seat.

Lately I've been using a 3cf cylinder to soak my regs. It fits in the sink. I got it on eBay for $10 -- it started out life as an oxygen cylinder for a high altitude ejection seat.
Now you have me thinking...

I've got an old DIN tank valve lying around with stripped neck threads, that should work well as a soak aid.

makes sense - that would cut the soak time down too. I just give them a shake in the tub every so often - my labor is free and I already have a designated storage location

makes sense - that would cut the soak time down too. I just give them a shake in the tub every so often - my labor is free and I already have a designated storage location

I wouldn't say it cuts the soak time down, I'd say it makes the soak more effective, but yes, getting a current in there certainly precludes shaking them

Caps came in - they mistakenly sent male side for the tank but shipped out a replacement no charge :thumb:. Caps seal up against the o-ring so good to go. Think i'll stay with the push-on vinyl tank cap as it wontlet any errant salt splash run into the threads like the screw on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom