DIN on Maldives LOB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearlman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey Folks,
Do the LOBs here provide DIN tanks or DIN to Yoke adapters on request? I know Yoke is the norm here, but how easily do they cater to the exceptions?

PS: I’ve seen all the other threads on DIN vs Yoke, so let’s not consume time discussing merits or demerits of either. I’ve asked the sales agent to confirm, which will probably happen overnight so just wanted a quick answer from those who’ve already travelled here with DIN regs.

Thanks

I have been on Emperor, Carpe Vita & Aggressor liveaboards in Maldives. They use both adapters.

I've never been to the Maldives. But, a few years ago I stuck a DIN-to-yoke adapter in my save-a-dive kit, and have never thought about this problem since. $25 on DGX: DGX DIN-to-Yoke Spin-on Adapter. I see that you're in India, so that vendor is probably a bit far, but I'm sure they can be found nearby, for cheap.

likely won't matter. they either will have convertible valves or a mix of valves in their tank fleet to accommodate either. what they couldn't work with was the m26 nitrox regs.

Only done LoB twice in Maldives and both diving dhoni used convertible tank.
A lot of divers are from Europe and many of them are DIN users.
However, I cannot guarantee on the use of convertible tank in every dhoni.
Better ask the operator.

I got a positive response about the availability of DIN tanks and adapter on Blue Voyager.
When I checked online the local dive shop pricing is listed as MVR3,140/- or USD 200 which is complete BS! Hence I ruled it out and posted here.

FB180117-8E49-4EFE-8516-AF7A9D92FD38.jpeg

In India Decathlon might be a good local source of a DIN to yoke adapter. I have 2 and they’re solid. Not sure if they stock them over there though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom