DIN Covers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use these;
Scuba_Regulator_Dust_Cap_DC-0051.jpg

z2_sealed_first_stage_din.webp

IMG_2584.JPG

I have used these things for years -- long-lasting, simple rubber caps . . .

Thanks for the links.

You read my mind :) I am looking for a solution on the cheap....

I can buy 100 of them for 7 bucks at mccaster carr....split it w/ a few divers, and its less than a cup of coffee.
Where? What is the Mcmaster part number you are looking at?

Mcmaster has no BSP 5/8" x 14tpi threaded plastic caps at all, nevermind $7/100

What are you trying to protect it from?

If you have concerns of the threads of your 1st stage DIN fitting getting damaged in transport or damaging something else, perhaps you need to rethink how you are packing/transporting your gear.

The biggest issues the caps protect against are the ingress of water and/or debris (dust, spiders, etc.) from entering the first stage. If you want economical, just buy a roll of saran wrap (plastic wrap) and a bag of rubber bands, and use them to cover the fitting.

Or spring the $2-$4 for a a proper dust cap...they should last nearly forever.

Here is a link for a 4 pack:
US $8.35 39% OFF|Universal Scuba Diving Dive DIN Regulator Tank Valve Threaded Dust Plug Cap, Pack of 4|Diving Masks| - AliExpress

If you want to buy a bunch of them, contact DRIS, DGX, or Divers Supply, and see if they can arrange for you to buy them in bulk.

-Z

Or spring the $2-$4 for a a proper dust cap...they should last nearly forever.
Yep. I currently have 2 DIN regs at the house. A 5 year old Zeagle FH7, and a 17 year old Zeagle DS-V. Both came with covers, and both are still on their original covers. Not showing any signs that they'll need to be replaced soon, either.

Reactions: Zef
I’m going to be ordering some of the yellow ones from Piranha. The black ones are too hard to see in the dark corners of gear bags.

Reactions: Zef
The black ones are too hard to see in the dark corners of gear bags.

i always put mine in my mask box. but i like the idea of the yellow ones.

Don't use anything DIN or INT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom