DIN Covers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v101

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone found any hardware available from mccaster carr or local hardware store that can be used to put over first stage DIN threads to protect them when in storage or travel?

was thinking of a rubber cap cover or something similar.

hmm. good question. I haven't but would a rubber cap from a chair leg or tube end work?

i am confused.....did you see the link i posted ? is that not exactly what you need ?

Thanks for the links.

You read my mind :) I am looking for a solution on the cheap....

I can buy 100 of them for 7 bucks at mccaster carr....split it w/ a few divers, and its less than a cup of coffee.

to each his own but i don't think those will stand up to any kind of repeated use. they look like those thin plastic ends they would use to cap ends of pre threaded pipe.

Thanks for the links.

You read my mind :) I am looking for a solution on the cheap....

I can buy 100 of them for 7 bucks at mccaster carr....split it w/ a few divers, and its less than a cup of coffee.

My transfill whip and tank pressure checker showed up with those slip on plastic caps covering the DIN connectors. Not so easy to get off. The regular standard screw on ones are MUCH better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom