DIN Adapters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marek,
Listen up. Do what the other poster said, it's good advice. Convert your reg to DIN and buy the yoke adapter. See the Sherwood dealer. This is not rocket science. Sell or trade the filler adaptor.
Pesky

pescador775:
See the Sherwood dealer. This is not rocket science. Sell or trade the filler adaptor.
Agreed.
The time wasted posting to this thread has been enough time to do the conversion to quite a few regs.

Don't mess with the "stone", as it WILL NOT fit all of the tanks that you may encounter, even the 200 bar tanks.
If you convert the reg to DIN, then it will fit EVERY tank available that is equipped with a DIN valve, and for the few occasions that you run yoke (US and Caribbean), the yoke adapter is no big deal.

Yes, it's $45 for the DIN conversion, and it's another $40 or so for the yoke adapter, but cost is irrelevant.
Do it the right way or don't do it.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time. The filler adapter is going back, base on what you've all told me; I've already gotten an RMA number for it.

It's not quite as easy for me as "go see your Sherwood dealer." I'm in Warsaw, Poland. There's one dealer in the entire city that I've found that even deals with Sherwood. I assume they're an authorized dealer (though none are listed for Poland on the Sherwood web site). They have to send Sherwood stuff out halfway across the country. And over a month they haven't even been able to get an overhaul kit for my older reg from the regional Sherwood rep in Germany. Don't know if it's their fault, but logistics are just tougher here sometimes than in the U.S. for equipment that's not common here. (No, I can't afford all new regulators.)

I'll ask the shop, but I'm not confident they're going to be able to do this anytime this year. I could mail-order the 1st stage DIN conversion, and carry it in there, I suppose.

Thanks for the help -- really.

--Marek

Marek K:
Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
--Marek
Marek as far as I'm concerned you didn't waste my time...After all this is what to board is for to ask sometimes even million of questions. So don't worry.
Today I'm going diving in Mazury - I'll talk to guys about the Sherwood - maybe I'll find somebody who can do that for you here.
Mania
Marek - contact me ASAP I just found out that a very good friend of mine knows OXYGEN - in Wroclaw - they are Sherwood dealers. So pls contact me!!!!!!

mania:
Marek as far as I'm concerned you didn't waste my time...After all this is what to board is for to ask sometimes even million of questions.
What I was referring to was that what should have been resolved in 4 or 5 posts stretched out to over 20 debating the two methods.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom