DIN adapter pressure rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 300 bar adapter has 7 threads while the 200 bar has five.

I bought a new Mares VR-16 from Leisure Pro several years ago and was not paying attention when I ordered. When I screwed it into my PST steel tank with a 300 bar DIN valve it wouldn't work and air was going everywhere.

I didn't know why so I called Leisure Pro and got a $49 lesson. They sent me a 300 bar DIN adapter and it worked like it was suppose to. I sold the 200 on Ebay.

As the others have said the 300 will work just fine on the lower pressure 200 valves it will just stick out about a 1/4 inch.

Thanks Jim. That's exactly what I want to hear...... So, it must go with 300 bar for the PST tanks....

So, All PST tank come
Jim Baldwin:
The 300 bar adapter has 7 threads while the 200 bar has five.

I bought a new Mares VR-16 from Leisure Pro several years ago and was not paying attention when I ordered. When I screwed it into my PST steel tank with a 300 bar DIN valve it wouldn't work and air was going everywhere.

I didn't know why so I called Leisure Pro and got a $49 lesson. They sent me a 300 bar DIN adapter and it worked like it was suppose to. I sold the 200 on Ebay.

As the others have said the 300 will work just fine on the lower pressure 200 valves it will just stick out about a 1/4 inch.

Back
Top Bottom