Info Scubapro Announces the new updated MK17 first stage, the MK17 EVO 2!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My only nag is the need for a special tool ($$) to tighten the Mk11 diaphragm clamp. The torque is huge (310 in-lb/35 Nm) and all those holes are too close to the body to fit my hook spanner.
I can use a simple screwdriver with a torque cheater, but that's kind of ghetto.

My only nag is the need for a special tool ($$) to tighten the Mk11 diaphragm clamp. The torque is huge (310 in-lb/35 Nm) and all those holes are too close to the body to fit my hook spanner.
I can use a simple screwdriver with a torque cheater, but that's kind of ghetto.
Any picture of what this tool looks like?

Any picture of what this tool looks like?

1729442854599.png

I also have that one but I think Rob inferred a new design?
No, that's the tool I was talking about.
Annoying that they didn't make the diaphragm clamp/spring cap just a little taller so you could fit a common hook spanner. Maybe the Mk11EVO is different?

Doesn't look any different...
Screenshot_20241020_113350.jpg

Screenshot_20241020_113546.jpg

No, that's the tool I was talking about.
Annoying that they didn't make the diaphragm clamp/spring cap just a little taller so you could fit a common hook spanner. Maybe the Mk11EVO is different?

Doesn't look any different...
View attachment 866471
View attachment 866472
I hope it doesn’t need anything to weird but with SP you never know what sort of twists they will lay in front of us peons.

Back
Top Bottom