Info Scubapro Announces the new updated MK17 first stage, the MK17 EVO 2!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More likely, I'll lose my technician's credentials, lol!

Don't worry, I'll take over, I'll be in charge looool (God save the world if that happens lol)

I was thinking some Permatex, maybe. (I was just working on my car)
I tried filling the groove where the seal meets the reg body with lube, but that didn't do it.

Scubapro has recently introduced the MK17 EVO 2 regulator first stage, a state-of-the-art regulator engineered for superior performance in cold and challenging underwater environments. This new first stage is an enhancement of the highly acclaimed MK17 model. It can be paired with the S620 TI, S600, or C370 second stage and is expected to be available for shipping by the end of 2024.

The MK17 series has long been SCUBAPRO’s premier sealed diaphragm first stage. In its latest iteration, the MK17 EVO 2 elevates performance, reliability, compactness, and freezing resistance, establishing itself as one of the finest SCUBAPRO sealed diaphragm first stages to date. More compact and lighter than its predecessors, the MK17 EVO and MK19 EVO, the MK17 EVO 2 features a new forged body and a dry chamber with a twin spring layout for enhanced reliability and compactness. The two newly designed HP ports are positioned at a specific 15-degree angle to facilitate easier HP hose routing, eliminating the need for a transmitter adapter. A SCUBAPRO transmitter can now be directly attached to the first stage.

Technical Specifications:​

• Valve Type: Balanced diaphragm
  • Ports: Two high-pressure (HP) ports and four low-pressure (LP) ports
  • Maximum Working Pressure: 300 bar/4350 psi (DIN); 232 bar/3365 psi (yoke)
  • Weight: 797g (INT 232); 572g (DIN 300)
  • Airflow: 6900 l/min at 2900 psi/200 bar
  • Intermediate Pressure: 9.2-9.8 bar
  • Environmental Sealing: The dry chamber is completely sealed with a unique dual diaphragm system, enhancing freezing resistance and preventing contamination.
The MK17 EVO 2’s air-balanced diaphragm ensures consistent and effortless airflow, regardless of depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate. The dry ambient pressure chamber increases freezing resistance, ensuring reliable performance in the coldest conditions. The newly designed HP ports, positioned at a 15-degree angle, optimize hose routing and eliminate the need for a transmitter adapter, allowing a SCUBAPRO transmitter to be directly attached to the first stage.

The New MK17 EVO FIRST STAGE:

◊ NEW design allows it to be substantially smaller and lighter than the MK17 EVO and the MK19 EVO.

◊ Design is based on a forged brass body and a dry chamber with a twin spring layout for compactness and reliability.

◊ Sealed balanced diaphragm design makes for the ultimate compact first stage for cold water or contaminated diving conditions.

◊ Air-balanced diaphragm delivers consistent and effortless airflow, regardless of depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.

◊ Dry chamber is completely environmentally sealed with a unique dual diaphragm system that keeps out contaminated water. The rib is designed to enhance heat exchange, making the first stage cold waterproof.

◊ Two opposing high-pressure ports positioned on a 15º angle allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down, plus provide an optimal hose/transmitter layout.

◊ Due to the high-pressure port positioning, a transmitter adapter is not needed.

◊ Weight: INT 232: 797g; DIN 300: 572g

◊ Intermediate pressure (230 bar): 9.2-9.8

View attachment 865068
I’m not in the market for regs anytime soon - but Spro isn’t pairing this up with G260s? I guess I’ll have to get S620s when that time rolls around.

Spro isn’t pairing this up with G260s?

Not according to the latest 2025 catalog I just received from SP. You can still do the stages à la carte but will cost you more $$.

I had no idea there was a mk11 EVO already, seems to only be available with a second stage, I think I’ll buy one as soon as I find a stand alone first stage.

MK 11 EVO FIRST STAGE
◊ NEW air-balanced diaphragm design is more compact while delivering better
performance than its MK11 predecessor.
◊ NEW forged brass body comes with metal fins to improve thermal exchange plus
plastic bumpers to prevent scratching.
◊ Two NEW high pressure ports are set on a 15-degree angle for convenient hose
routing.
◊ Four NEW high-flow low pressure ports increase airflow while maximizing hose
routing options.
◊ Innovative double spring layout increases performance while contributing to
overall compactness.
◊ External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune
performance quickly and easily
◊ CE certified to EN250A European Standards for all diving conditions, including
extreme cold water.
◊ Weight (g): INT 232, 746; DIN 300, 528
◊ Intermediate pressure (230 bar): 9.2 – 9.8

Coulda just called it mk19Eco or compact— I’m still not over the name, 17Evo2 is just too confusing
Not that I’m any good with branding strategies 😅
Atleast now the _current_ 17 & 19 will (hopefully) share the same kit like the OGs
I think I'd hold out for the Mk17 EVO 2+ model

MK 11 EVO FIRST STAGE
◊ NEW air-balanced diaphragm design is more compact while delivering better
performance than its MK11 predecessor.
◊ NEW forged brass body comes with metal fins to improve thermal exchange plus
plastic bumpers to prevent scratching.
◊ Two NEW high pressure ports are set on a 15-degree angle for convenient hose
routing.
◊ Four NEW high-flow low pressure ports increase airflow while maximizing hose
routing options.
◊ Innovative double spring layout increases performance while contributing to
overall compactness.
◊ External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune
performance quickly and easily
◊ CE certified to EN250A European Standards for all diving conditions, including
extreme cold water.
◊ Weight (g): INT 232, 746; DIN 300, 528
◊ Intermediate pressure (230 bar): 9.2 – 9.8

I have a new Mark 11 and I like it fine as is. It is small and compact. I agree the hose routing is sliglty odd but then I am odd and it works for me. However, I might spring for an Evo, I am not sure. The Mark 11 has nearly triple the open flow (195cfm) of the AL Conshelf------Legend (65-70 cfm) so not like it is a compromise on performance.

If, maybe, if, would have to think on it, but I have a brand new Kraken that I would consider trading for a new Mark 11 Titanium. I would need to sort of think a bunch on that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom