Differences between PADI and SSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My instructor is an ex-Navy SEAL. Who says a 56 year-old man can't endure a "hell week"?

Which BUD/S Class`did he graduate with?

I'm unfamiliar with YMCA...can you expand on how their standards are higher?

..or do you mean that they have requirements for long moustaches and tight pants? :rofl3:

DevonDiver:
I'm unfamiliar with YMCA...can you expand on how their standards are higher?

Check out this.

DevonDiver:
..or do you mean that they have requirements for long moustaches and tight pants? :rofl3:

Have you lost your mind?

All the "big" agencies in Australia have good Diveleader programs. The problem with the standards of teaching is that they have to be interpreted by people. In the end it's not worth anything if you were trained by a bad instructor, because you will not be able to work in this industry if you're not up to standards.
If you have any plans after your DM course, please think carefully about which agency to train with. You don't want to be faced with the added expense of cross over costs.

If you have any questions regarding working in the dive industry in Queensland Australia, feel free to contact me directly on decobart@gmail.com.
I'm a PADI Course Director, TDI/SDI Instructor Trainer, DAN Instructor, ....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom