Difference in Shadow Divers and The Last Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

francousteau:
And definitely not a speller :D

Definitely a diver though, and that has to count for something :wink:

i can live with that

mcjangles:
youd be surprised how many people actually resemble danny devito on jersey dive boats...

Yeah thats just plain pathetic...

lakewinni:
Hey I just finished reading The Last Dive after reading Shadow divers. I have a question. In both books if you read the sections about the Rouse's incident you come across two totally different accounts according to John Chatterton. In one book he insists that the father goes on the helicopter and in the other book he insists that he stays on the boat. It's not a huge deal but if you read that sections its just amazing how totally different the accounts are of what he says. Does anyone know what the real deal is?

Thanks

This question was posed to John on the History Channel's Deep Sea Detective bulletin board, where he used to post regularly (still may, I haven't been out there in a while). According to John the Shadow Divers account of the incident is accurate.

Both are great books. The writing style in Shadow Divers keeps the reader captivated, while Last Dive hits a much more personal tone. I found myself a little annoyed with the writer of Last Dive or perhaps I should say editor? There are little explanations of background material that are repeated often throughout the book. By the fifth time you've read that Chris started his own excavation business, you want to scream.

The Last Dive talks about how sometimes boat captains delay in reporting a death until the diving day is over (I assume he was speaking about Nagle specifically and perhaps the trip where Ormsby died). It said that since the divers wanted to keep diving, they wrapped the corpse in a sleeping bag, and were observed to kick the corpse and spit on it. He referred to a woman, am I alone in thinking he was talking about Sally?
Anyone know if she's made any comments about this veiled accusation?

Irene:
and were observed to kick the corpse and spit on it. He referred to a woman, am I alone in thinking he was talking about Sally?

no, i think he did mean Sally. Ormsby nearly killed her too. i can see why she
was angry at him.

i don't know if she's ever addressed this. probably not.

Irene:
It said that since the divers wanted to keep diving, they wrapped the corpse in a sleeping bag, and were observed to kick the corpse and spit on it. He referred to a woman, am I alone in thinking he was talking about Sally?
Anyone know if she's made any comments about this veiled accusation?

sitting here shaking my head - i hope this isnt true, for humanity sake i hope

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom