Did you move for Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, my sister lives in Austin. I may want to be closer to the ocean than Austin is. :)

Lol! Thanks!

Welcome!! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, my sister lives in Austin. I may want to be closer to the ocean than Austin is. :)

Lol! Thanks!

The Austin area is a little intriguing, even though I am 4 hrs away from it as well.

You have Aquarena Springs....when open, Lake Travis, Canyon Lake, the Comal River....and you would only be a couple hours away from rig diving in the Gulf of Mexico, and 4-5 hrs away from South Padre and the Clipper and various rigs/wrecks. My second choice to FL diving from a realistic standpoint would be in the San Marcos/New Braunfels area.

And I said realistic standpoint as we can't all move to the tropics....lol. :wink:

I would move to the west coast in a heartbeat if I could get a decent job there. I would be in the water every night and all day long on the weekends...

I like the island more than the mainland as Vancouver is too crowded for my tastes now but the water is still right there beckoning... Here in Calgary you can dive in man made lakes in the city during the summer or in the Bow River (also in the summer) or drive up to Banff and check out the sunken remains of the old Banff town-site in Lake Minnewanka... There are other lakes too but they just don't do it for me like the coast does. Like one of the other posters said, I need the salt...

Have you moved so that you can dive more or in better conditions?

Yes, first job out of graduate school. Top choices were Pacific Northwest, Great Lakes, and North Carolina. Chose Ann Arbor, Michigan, in the early '90's, proximal to some of the most amazing diving I've ever done. Those years were amazing.

You're young. What's stopping you??!!

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

I live in Colorado. Our official state motto is that we are just one plane flight away from great scuba.

I moved from Kansas City to Grand Cayman..... wouldn't change it for the world! Though I do get homesick from time to time

YES! More than once.
St. Augustine FL TO Pacific Coast of Panama to Key Largo, FL to Baja California to SoCal to Treaure Coast of FL back to Key Largo, Dive Capitol of the World.

Pardon this touch screen's annoying autocowrecktions sent via Tapatalk.

Yes, first job out of graduate school. Top choices were Pacific Northwest, Great Lakes, and North Carolina. Chose Ann Arbor, Michigan, in the early '90's, proximal to some of the most amazing diving I've ever done. Those years were amazing.

You're young. What's stopping you??!!

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Right now...I have 5 more months left to live in my house before I can move. If I move before then I have to pay back the first time homebuyer tax credit.

I moved from Kansas City to Grand Cayman..... wouldn't change it for the world! Though I do get homesick from time to time

I'm in Kansas City! How crazy!

I'd move even closer to high springs, Fl but then that Job and money thing keep getting in the way. I love my job so I really don't want to leave it either but if I could move it closer I would.

Yep, moved from Fort Worth to High Springs for the cave diving. I'm super happy with the move and hope I never have to leave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom