Did you move for Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoccerJeni

Scuba Baby
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Have you moved so that you can dive more or in better conditions? If so, where did you move? How far did you move to get there? Are you glad you did it?

I am trying to.

I am currently in the Great Lakes area, but I am trying to get to the Pacific coast.

That will be a good 1500 +miles, two time zones....

Mountains and oceans in one place....priceless

Dr dog, you are where I want to go. Too many wrecks and clear water to not use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moved from the northeast to Florida. Best thing I ever did. Did a 101 minute dive in 79 degree water. Back in PA the quarries are closed and the lakes are cold with no vis. If I were there I would be in my dry suit looking at garbage on the bottom of the lakes. Instead, I was in a 3 mm full, no hood or gloves and saw lobster, seahorses, hogfish, southern stingrays, reef fish, etc., etc., etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dr dog, you are where I want to go. Too many wrecks and clear water to not use it.

The wrecks are cool, and there is something to be said for freshwater cold diving.. Tobermory itself was amazing, but I need the salt diving for a while. The colorful fish, not the 6 different shades of grey/brown fish. Or the zebra mussels covering EVERYTHING

Have you moved so that you can dive more or in better conditions? If so, where did you move? How far did you move to get there? Are you glad you did it?

I would be around the High Springs, FL area in a second were it not for a lucrative job and lots of family in my current area! :) LOL.

That said, I pretty much still manage to dive every weekend where I currently reside. Yeah, the dive sites are 1 1/2 hrs away, but I have 3-4 within that distance.

Hum...I live 4 hours from the nearest dive site that is more than 6" of vis. I dive about 4 to 5 times a year. It makes me sad thinking of how little I dive and I'm tossing around the thought of moving, but I don't have a particular reason to move any particular place...I just know I want more diving, and warmer weather...

Hum...I live 4 hours from the nearest dive site that is more than 6" of vis. I dive about 4 to 5 times a year. It makes me sad thinking of how little I dive and I'm tossing around the thought of moving, but I don't have a particular reason to move any particular place...I just know I want more diving, and warmer weather...

You have family ties down here in Tejas, don't you? :wink:

Man that sucks to be you! I hate the 1 hr + drive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom