Did you move for Scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I moved from central Oregon to the Seattle area to support my diving addiction

We moved from Central California to the Treasure Coast of Florida a few months ago to be able to dive warm water and dive more often. The kelp forests are amazingly beautiful in Calif. but I am not missing 7 mm wetsuits! Our only regret is not doing it years ago!!!!

My Dad was in the Army so we moved a lot. I didn't get certified until I was thirty, but ironically I began diving about a mile from where I was born. I feel very fortunate to have unlimited diving within minutes from my house. I have a boat in King Harbor Marina Marina, less than five minutes from home, with dive sites just ten minutes from my slip.

I guess I'm lucky ... I live 5 minutes from a great dive site, and within a half hour or less of a dozen more. I can dive anytime I want, year round, with interesting things to see and experience. And I have a job I love doing that pays for it all.

I suppose when I retire in a few years I'll move somewhere I can enjoy my scuba addiction without the drysuit and all the other cold-water accoutrements ... but until then, it keeps me motivated to hit the gym regularly ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I moved from outside of Toronto to......wait, I am still in this :turd:hole with no good diving within less than 4 hours drive. I have almost taken positions in Melbourne (Australia), Grand Cayman and Halifax. All of which would be much better diving locations but I am still here and still enjoy every dive I do ("local and cold with nothing to see in short viz" or somewhere while travelling).

I have tried to move but something seems to keep me here for now. I am open to relocating my family should the right opportunity present itself.

YES! More than once.
St. Augustine FL TO Pacific Coast of Panama to Key Largo, FL to Baja California to SoCal to Treaure Coast of FL back to Key Largo, Dive Capitol of the World.

Pardon this touch screen's annoying autocowrecktions sent via Tapatalk.

Ping Pong anyone? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I moved to be with mselenaous... that it was in Key Largo was a definite plus. :D :D :D Still, I only moved from Orlando.

I can't say I moved from Southern California to Atlanta FOR diving, but it definitely occurred to us that Atlanta's airport can get us to most Caribbean destinations (not to mention FL) in 2-3 hours. I often say Atlanta's greatest asset is the airport.

I moved from Indianapolis, IN to Pensacola, FL. I didn't necessarily move for the diving, because I wasn't certified yet, but fell in love with the water and diving. I couldn't have chosen a better place to move to and get certified. In my opinion, Pensacola is the diving mecca of the United States. We have wreck, shore, boat, spring, cave, just about everything. Plus if you like spearfishing, this is the place to be.

And theres something to be said about diving an aircraft carrier with great vis and 85 degree saltwater.

Back
Top Bottom