Did you guys know that this was a "hidden" forum??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich:
It make sense until you realize that the online guys are selling selection, convience and availability more than just price. (Price is the door kicker, the other stuff holds their cust)

That's exactly what drives many of my purchasing decisions, for all my needs, scuba or not.

The online guy:

1. Has a greater selection most of the time

2. Has it in stock

3. Can deliver it to my door.

Local supplier:

1. Limited Selection

2. No stock, but he can get it

3. 90 minute round trip to pick up, after a 90 minute round trip to leave a deposit

Price is almost never the deciding factor for me.

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
That's exactly what drives many of my purchasing decisions, for all my needs, scuba or not.

The online guy:

1. Has a greater selection most of the time

2. Has it in stock

3. Can deliver it to my door.

Local supplier:

1. Limited Selection

2. No stock, but he can get it

3. 90 minute round trip to pick up, after a 90 minute round trip to leave a deposit

Price is almost never the deciding factor for me.

Tobin

I see shops that virtually have no accessories, which is a great and inexpensive way to fill a shop and give consumers the impression that the store is filled to the gills. Great margin in access. as well.

There is also the industry mentality that you want the cust to walk back in to pick up ordered items, service, c cards etc., the LDS could increase cust loyality by dropping this stuff in UPS ground when it arrives, saving the cust. time and bother. This seems so simple to me....

lamont:
uhm, since i'm not a manufacturer how come i can see this forum??? :confused:

ya shouldn't, I'm sure that will be fixed...:D

For some reason he was classified as a manufacturer...

I think the admission charge was way too steep this year, and I had numerous dealers refuse to go to the show due to it....DEMA sure didn't give me a break on the booth prices, so where is all this extra money going??

Aside from the fact that the show was only an hour from my house, and we drove the products and the booth over in a couple of vans, I hate the idea of DEMA being in Orlando. It seemed to me like a lot of people came for a couple hours in the morning, then went to Disney World in the afternoon....

Give me DEMA in Vegas anytime!!!!

It was good seeing some old friends, but other than that, DEMA has grown stale and tiresome, at least for me personally.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom