Did you attend the dive show and what did you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i thought that it was good for the first time. i was exspecting something else though. i wanted to see and buy more gear. it look more like a way for shops to get noticed. i wanted to look at gear.

It wasn't Long Beach, but I'll take it. :D
For the first ANUAL dive show it was a success.
I would really love to see some dive venders.
I was looking for a few things that I can't get locally.
Will need to get off line.
To have just some hand outs from the different shops
just wasn't what I see as a dive show. I wanted to see
STUFF.
BUT the dives were cool, MCSO show was very good. :14:
I'M LOOKING FORWORD TO SEEING IT GROW EVERY YEAR!!!

I had heard that the dive shops couldn't sell gear there at the show. Is that true? Kind of defeats the purpose (well, one of the purposes) of having a show. Not much of an incentive for the shops to participate either. I'm sure vendors sell stuff at the Boat Show.

As I said before though, it was a good time and I hope it's even bigger next year.

Steve.

There would have been a big tax issue if the shops sold anything.

At a meeting with the participating shops, everyone agreed it could get a bit competitive if everyone was selling gear to each others' customers (since it was mostly dive shops driving the attendance). So to keep it friendly and focus on the benefits of diving at lake pleasant, there was no selling.

There wasn't much time or organization prior to the show (maybe a month). I think next year, there will be a lot more planning and additional benefits to divers. I am just happy to see divers being taken seriously at Lake Pleasant.

JcF

We would have LOVED to promote that right here like we do with all the dive shows. I never heard about it until now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom