Did you actually see "An Inconvenient Truth" or not?

Did you see the film "An Inconvenient Truth"?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have yet to see it, but certainly will. I have trouble understanding why people wouldn't at least view it, and then form their own opinion. Heck, I'm a flaming left-of-liberal type and I've watched the likes of Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly and Fox News.

It never came to our one theater and isn't at either of the two video stores here which is why I haven't seen it.

I'm pro enviroment, and sufficiently open minded to at least consider that man may be effecting a change in climate.

Al Gore OTOH has zero credibility with me. Too many past grandiose claims. If he's associated with a project that about all I need to know.

Good thing he "Invented the internet" however or I wouldn't be able to express these view as easily...........:wink:

Tobin

cool_hardware52:
I'm pro enviroment, and sufficiently open minded to at least consider that man may be effecting a change in climate.

Al Gore OTOH has zero credibility with me. Too many past grandiose claims. If he's associated with a project that about all I need to know.

Good thing he "Invented the internet" however or I wouldn't be able to express these view as easily...........:wink:

Tobin

You might be surprised by how many grandiose claims Gore actually made versus how many the media claimed he made.

From snopes.com: http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Claim: Vice-President Al Gore claimed that he "invented" the internet.

Details at the link.

Why? I too consider myself environmentally friendly, but Al Gore is over the top. Too many times a good cause gets to be a favorite child of activists groups. This tends to force a wedge between people who would in other circumstances, be willing to help.

Since the number one contributor to CO2 is human exhalation, we can not very well demand a cut in this. However, attacking fossil fuel users is a very easy target. But that’s all it is, an easy target. Until an alternate fuel source becomes cost effective, the world will continue to burn it. It simple economics.

Here’s my version of an inconvenient truth. Junk your old car – any pre ’97 model. Not just sell it, junk it. Buy a new, very clean and efficient car. Raise the vehicle tax every year on older cars. Quit buying products manufactured and shipped in overseas. Buy locally. Just these few things will dramatically reduce your contribution to greenhouse gases.

Dave

Teamcasa:
Why? I too consider myself environmentally friendly, but Al Gore is over the top.

Is "Al Gore" over the top, or are the media representations (and misrepresentations) of him over the top? Look at the way they distorted his "invention" of the Internet (check out the Snopes comments). The media can make anyone look like an idiot (although it takes a true "genius" to look that way even without any media help).

By the way, he did "invent" the Internet! We worked together on it back at Harvard in the 1960's... well, at least when he wasn't out on dates with Tipper. I was the true geek... rarely had a date to interfere with our vital work to enhance national security. Oh, and I've got a bridge to sell you SoCal divers... the Banning brothers walking bridge from Wilmington to Catalina!

Al Gore is a politician. By definition, all of them are media targets. It’s how they handle the media that counts.
A bridge to Catalina? Isn’t that the Catalina Flyer?

Dave

Yes, I've seen it. I also bought it.

Back
Top Bottom