Did I get the right regulator? D420 vs g260

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Initially went to the store just to get the Aeris reg serviced, was not expecting to get a new regulator that day. I hadn't really done any research on regulators at that point. Shop owner said Aeris service parts wouldn't be available and offered me a $50 credit to trade it in. I looked at the MK 11 and c370 as well. My friend who I was with at the store is a dive Master and teaches locally, her school uses the mk17/g260 so I went with that. After leaving the store and going to research about regs online, I called the shop owner and asked if the mk25/620ti combo would be a good upgrade and he recommended mk19 evo/d420 would be a worthwhile upgrade in functionality and breathing ability, so I went with his suggestion. So I wouldn't say I was upsold as much as I was thinking, I'm going to have this a long time and wanted something on the higher end of reliability. The information I got here on this thread has been really helpful, thank you all so much.
Based on your needs and desires, it sounds like a good purchase to me then. Those are good regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom