Did half of the internet just fail, or is it a server problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
I can get on a few sites, but cannot get some of my usual sites. I mean I am happy that I can get on here, but I like to have more choices. Hell, I can't even sign on to AOL to check my mail - not thru AOL program, not using IE or FF to access AOL.com. I can ping some, not others. I can use dial-up to get onto AOL, but yuck...

I've had ATT tech support on the phone for 30 minutes and he's just been advised by his super than they're getting a lot of similar calls. On hold now, as he checks further.

I guess this is the wrong time of day to ask if other US members are having problems on other sites...

Edit: I'm not having problems now. Guess it's over, whatever it was.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I had a similar problem here about that time. I could access my mail server (local) but not the outside world.

I am having problems again, but at different sites. ATT now admitting to an outage in Dallas which maybe could clog up traffic across the US....?

I did not think to boot my router last night. Just did, and that may have helped.

No issues for me today....and I am all over the Internet today and have not heard any major issues could be with your ISP

I noticed that often pages aren't loading, or pictures from Photobucket aren't loading...

I guess this explains it.... I don't think it's related exactly just to his ISP dialup because I'm seeing it at work also.

No issues for me today....and I am all over the Internet today and have not heard any major issues could be with your ISP
Yeah, as I just noted: ATT now admitting to an outage in Dallas which maybe could clog up traffic across the US....?

Or it could have been my router...???
I noticed that often pages aren't loading, or pictures from Photobucket aren't loading...

I guess this explains it.... I don't think it's related exactly just to his ISP dialup because I'm seeing it at work also.
No, dial-up worked when nothing else would on some sites last night. Today, I didn't try dial-up, but booting the router might have helped. I get to Photobucket ok.

Back
Top Bottom