Did Ambergris Caye take a hit from Wilma?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No resort damage (that I'm aware of), minor damage to lots of docks and more severe damage to a few. Lots of quite severe beach erosion. Most dive operations are back up and running, but visibility is currently max 3'.

peterbj7:
No resort damage (that I'm aware of), minor damage to lots of docks and more severe damage to a few. Lots of quite severe beach erosion. Most dive operations are back up and running, but visibility is currently max 3'.

Is there any specific news on how Ramon's Village fared? I am scheduled to be there in about ten weeks. Any objective (non-owner) feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

SStrecker:
Is there any specific news on how Ramon's Village fared? I am scheduled to be there in about ten weeks. Any objective (non-owner) feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do a search on Ramons, my trip report, and you will see why I would not recommend that place. For the money they charge you can do better on Ambergris. You might get lucky since the summer is over but it might still be too busy with people traffic and noise. Their's is NOT a private beach. Very misleading webpage and brochures. Good luck.

Ramon's resort was untouched, and other than ceasing operations during the worst of it their dive center was untouched. They're now operating normally (as are most others - underwater visibility has already improved from 3' yesterday to 25' this morning). Some significant damage to their dock - whole sections broke off and drifted away, and 1/3-1/4 of the main dock has partly collapsed. The boardwalk that serves as their sea wall was severely damaged, and much of the sand under the trees was washed away. But they are working hard to rectify all of this, and I should imagine all will have been completed well within November.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom