DGX D6 reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

it is too short in the section before it goes in the mouth (shank). I appreciate the offer but I already ordered a different reg with some other stuff I needed. I've got a handful of things I need to return to dgx anyway.

The vertical clearance for the exhaust is bigger on the Scubapro is greater than the DGX. I can see this being a problem for somebody with a strong forward jawline.

i don't have that strong a jawline/chin. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds the design a bit flawed.

I have a regulator or two that rest noticeably on my chin when above water when using my preferred mouthpieces. Alot of that has to do with weight and design. Once in the water and diving, the regulator falls away from my chin and is not noticed.
A stiff mouthpiece with long shank (seacure as one example) does keep the regulator off my chin even above water, but that has already been covered...

Right. I misunderstood which angle was creating the issue.

so I received new reg and thought I'd compare. it's the dgx XTRA reg. just some comparison photos. works beautifully as is.
first pic is all 3

PXL_20210818_233747040.jpgPXL_20210818_233901566.jpgPXL_20210818_233843899.jpgPXL_20210818_233835007.jpgPXL_20210818_233817403.jpgPXL_20210818_233805746.jpg

The new one has the Comfo-bite? Definitely looks like some more room between the mouthpiece and exhaust.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

This thread got me comparing and thinking so I took side by sides of other regulators. From left to right is the DGX D6 regulator (my O2 reg), a Scubapro S360, a D6 Signature, and a Cressi XS. In this picture all regulators have the same exact comfobite mouthpiece so no difference in mouthpieces.

I have been using the DGX D6 reg for about a month as my O2 regulator and did not notice anything odd about it in the water. After reading this thread and comparing all I can feel what the OP is talking about. The exhaust ports on the DGX D6 are much larger than the other regulators I have. The one with the next largest exhaust port size is the SP S360, but even that was is a lot smaller.

In my case the DGX D6 exhaust port is not too big. On land I can feel it on my chin, but it does not force the regulator up in any way. In water the slight positive buoyancy of 2nd stage results in the regulator not touching my chin at all.

Back
Top Bottom