DGX D6 and D6 Excursion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
M

metamon

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I see that these two are good budget offerings. I am based in Sydney, Australia.

As a beginner OW diver looking to get their own gear, I have found that these are serviced by a local dive shop - useful, since I am too inexperienced to think of servicing my own equipment.

I see that the service intervals are roughly the same (DGX 2 years, 100 dives / D6 2 years, 200 dives). I can't tell if the price tag on the excursion series regulator package is correct, since it is out of stock, but it appears to be roughly $300USD? Is this right?

Which would be recommended? I don't see obvious differences in parts materials and the number of ports seems to be more or less adequate from both offerings.

I plan on staying in rec diving for at least a year or two, building my diving skills before I tackle tec diving much later on. I plan on sticking to local dives, maybe traveling but unlikely to anywhere with cold waters as I do not want to use a dry suit at this stage.

DGX actually had some regs made by DEEP6, and as you saw, the intervals will be the same, which is also the same with the majority of the manufacture regs out there. Back to your question, in all honesty, I would give the old Scubaboard search a go, as your question and more have already been answered. It basically comes down to you. If you know you will get into Tech Diving, you should pick up their Signature Series and don't look back.

I would have picked up the Signature Series, if I didn't find a fantastic deal on two Apex D6s and XTXs. I hope you find the right rig for you, and welcome to the wonderful world of diving!

Look at what I found:

Also look in the classified section as there are some listed for sale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom