Devils Cover and Little Devils Cove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffro360

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
has anyone been to either lately?

Just looking for advice/pros/cons/somethingtodo outside of windy and the damn.

Vis? (i would assume little D would be better than Devils becuase of the party traffic).

Dove Little Devils Cove a couple of years ago with Bucho.
Found a bunch of Anchors and glasses. Also found some trees and barrels.
Vis is (or at least was) okay that day.

Dove the very back of Devils cove in September this year and last year. Dove the front part of it a couple of years ago. Always very murky at in the channel. Very Silty bottom. Vis was only good shallow (about 40ft).

These are new locations to me, would you mind elaborating where they are on Travis? I'd like to know more.

These are new locations to me, would you mind elaborating where they are on Travis? I'd like to know more.

They are on the ne side of travis past sandy creek arm, are the big party coves on weekends/holidays, sometimes fun to see what you find on bottom after large groups of drunken boaters have been anchored all weekend.

Chris, Brandon, Robert (Lake Travis Scuba) and I did an anchor search and recovery in the cove just last weekend. Its 40 to 60 feet, very murky and has a mud/silt bottom that you can sink up to your waist in. The bottom is covered with debris ranging from lawn chairs to large plastic salad bowls shaped like clamshells. I had that one halfway up until I realized my wife was probably going to hit me with it if I actually brought it home and gave it to her. Couple that with the constant threat of drunk a**holes running over you or dropping an anchor on your head and it’s not a very good dive.

On the weekends it’s a disaster – you will definitely get run over or have and anchor dropped on your head. Add to that some info from our contacts at LCRA that the cove does not “flush” out as regularly as the rest of the lake, so you’re diving in a dump site.

I would not waste the gas to get there for a recreational dive.

Chris, Brandon, Robert (Lake Travis Scuba) and I did an anchor search and recovery in the cove just last weekend.

BOGRADY - Let's go take another look next week after the Memorial Day drunkfest in Devils Cove. Maybe we will find the elusive big anchor that is securing my line reel to the bottom.

I've got a map to show you. Across from Carlos and Charlies on the Lake.

I also have a running boat. HA :rofl3:

BOGRADY - Let's go take another look next week after the Memorial Day drunkfest in Devils Cove. Maybe we will find the elusive big anchor that is securing my line reel to the bottom.

That sounds like a plan - my son would like to join us. We're also wanting to try to get to the scuba park next Wednesday - we can't make it Saturday. I'll do the request on your website. Sounds like we might be seeing a lot of each other next week.

Let's go take another look next week after the Memorial Day drunkfest in Devils Cove. Maybe we will find the elusive big anchor that is securing my line reel to the bottom.

I'm up for another try.

My week is open except Wednesday morning until noon. Set a date that works for you and we will go out in search again. This time the anchor is fair game since the owner purchased a replacement, according to his girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom