Destin Jetties Saturday 7/15/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not to hijack the thread, but, heck, I can't start my own, it would just get moved into oblivion,

I had a few real winners today.

one was a guy who called asking for some obscure things. A few I had heard asked for before, and knew they were items we could order. I passed the info on to the customer. He asked for some items that would be carried by our competitors. Finally he started working his phone troll.... (I never knew there could be phone trolls) "I thought (insert name of my company) was the place to go. I heard you guys had everything. Sounds like you guys ain't got nothing." He then showed up at my work, wanted to see some equipment. He went to see a piece that has been there a while. "This is a sorry sad piece of the lightest crap I have ever seen. What do you use this on, a lawn tractor?"

I smiled and was pleasant. I told him that it was obviously not the item for him, and that I had something more rugged that he would likely be more interested in. Disguested that I wouldn't bite, he got in his car and left.

Oh, I love my job....... ugh

Perdido Key is still FL, if you hopped over the line to Orange Beach(AL), you were only like 10 minutes away from us. The group of us still had supper and a great night dive.

I had a tent and sleeping bag in the truck that could have been used to camp at one of the three parks in the area; Gulf State Park(Gulf Shores, AL), Big Lagoon Park(which had a site already reserved by the other group I was diving with that ended up staying in a condo - woulda been free - Perdido Key), or Johnson Beach(Perdido Key and you can camp on the beach itself!). Camping would have been the way to go without reseverations :) Nobody listens to me though!

Besides, the adventurous non-planner sleeps in the Wal-Mart parking lot.

Condo's in Gulf Shores are in for a "big price change" also. There was an article in the newspaper about the insurance rate changes due to recent hurricanes.

Romar Tower (first 'tower' in Orange Beach coming from the state park) for example their insurance when up from $35,000 a year to $424,000 per year.

So you'll be able to find a room, but you just won't be able to afford it.

I had MDB with me, trust me, parkinglot sleeping was NOT an option.

trust me, I have done it several times.

hospitals work too, and food shopping centers.......

I was in a parking lot in NH, and I was able to witness the big thing to do at midnight in that little town. Seems the guys would line thier cars up behind stray shopping carts, and push them to a decent speed, then stop, letting the cart race across the asphault. Yeee haw!

watch out, I just got a call from MDB, and she is drunk off her butt. I am just worried she might get on here now, and start telling a very confused version of that night's events

photohikedive:
I had MDB with me, trust me, parkinglot sleeping was NOT an option.

trust me, I have done it several times.

Hey hey hey! :mad: Flag on the play! Who slept in the truck last time we had to sleep in a parking lot? MDB wanted to camp on the beach (read: MDB is not the kind of girl who worries that she might chip a nail, there is no electricity, and no room service...MDB is willing to sleep somehere where she might get sand in her panties) but noooooooooooooo somebody wanted to go down and get a room on the shore on a Saturday night when there was an air show! Well since it's was the Adventurous Nonplanner's money MDB thought she would keep her mouth shut (for once) but never again! MDB will now be making MDB/PHD travel arrangements and you may PM her for weekend dive plans. :28:

As such: MDB wants to go camping near Marianna sometime soon, any takers? MDB will graciously cook all crawfish captured in a pot over the campfire and otherwise provide rustic outdoorsy nourishment (marshamallows, corn on the cob, etc.)

PHD will do the dishes and rinse the gear of all participants :28:

Sending PM about a dinner invite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom