Destin Jetties Saturday 7/15/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
..but just an idea? We tease PHD for not diving alot(now that he works), should we start with you :wink:

well I beleive it has previously been established that teasing me isn't the healthiest of activities, especially considoring that my ability to do lots of dives is directly proportional to that of PHD since I use his stuff.....we're looking to hit Destin for the high tide and perhaps do some crabbing, I wouldn't feel comfortable driving to Navarre by myself...

photohikedive:
if the actual dive isn't until around 2........ (MDB said something about the tide being at 2:30?) then I should be able to join. I get out of work at 1pm. If MDB picks me up, they can't hold me longer. We can shoot right from work, should take about 45 minutes to get there.
I'm trying to get back to the house as soon as possible so I'm pushing the tide thing a little. I'll see how it looks before I take the plunge - if it looks a little froggy at 1ish, I'll see how long I can delay my other duties, but I know I can't wait until 2:30.

MysteryDiveBuddy:
well I beleive it has previously been established that teasing me isn't the healthiest of activities, especially considoring that my ability to do lots of dives is directly proportional to that of PHD since I use his stuff.....we're looking to hit Destin for the high tide and perhaps do some crabbing, I wouldn't feel comfortable driving to Navarre by myself...
Are you comfortable driving down 20 to Niceville by yourself? We could carpool from here. Where's workaholic going to be picked up before the jetty dive?

MysteryDiveBuddy:
well I beleive it has previously been established that teasing me isn't the healthiest of activities..

All the talk in the world gets drowned out when you're UW :wink:

I might be closer to becoming a dive bum again. I am not too pleased with my work environment. The office manager and the owner (who seem to be in some sort of twisted relationship) fight constantly. I often end up in the middle of it. Yesterday for example, the owner is at the new location, I am at the old one with the office manager. He asks me for some information. On my way to get it, the OM stops me, asking me what I am doing. When I tell her, she jumps on the phone and starts assaulting the owner. He later gets me on the phone, and scolds me for passing him off to her. This morning, I walk in, they are fighting via nextel. Today pretty much did me in, I tossed the book of trailer VINs across the parking lot towards the end of the day. I think at that point they realized I was getting fed up with some of the things going on there. The trial period of three weeks has come and gone, and I still have not gotten brought up to the decent pay scale. They haven't set up a payroll program yet, so now I find that the "cash" pay I was to get for the three weeks (which is closer to six now) is not only the much lower than I was making before rate, but I find I am going to be 1099ed (which is great, since I wasn't putting the "tax" money aside). That puts my take home pay close to about 6 bucks an hour. I work 10 hours a day, first or second there, last to leave, usually locking the gate. I have been handed all the "problem" customers, and have dealt with them to the point the boss has commented how pleasant they seem now. When they have me work Saturdays (which was just supposed to be occasional), I am working at straight pay, no time and a half, tyvm. They assigned me the wonderful task of upgrading from hobby manufacturer status (indicated by the 16 digit VIN #) to the federally recognized coporate status. In addition to my original job descriptoion of sales...........

oh crap, am I rambling? was there something said about diving?

Holy ****, someone get this man a mask, some fins, a tank, and an ocean... stat!

Seriously PHD, time for some R&R, meet up with us Sat afternoon and dive. Hell, camp out and dive Sunday too. I know a good beach that allows camping in Perdido Key.

SunsetBoat_001.sized.jpg

SunriseCamp.sized.jpg

You won't think about work at this place, I garauntee!

SuPrBuGmAn:
All the talk in the world gets drowned out when you're UW :wink:

ever notice when you are sick, and you actually want to throw up, because you know you will feel better.

diving with MDB is just like that. as tedius as her dive prep routine is, it feels good to take her diving, because she can't talk underwater.

:lol: :lol:

I honestly think thats one of the main draws for me to be UW. The only 'people' sound you hear is bubbles. Everything else is up to nature.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I don't like either of you at the moment :mad:
Anyway the only person I am dangerous to underwater is myself.

CHANGE OF PLANS: PHD just informed me that due to impending bathroom renovations it would be a good idea to relocate to AL for the weekend. We will drive over tomarrow afternoon after he gets off work or tonight if he quits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom