Destin Jetties 6/17/06 & 6/18/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s:
Gavin,

SeaYoda and i are meeting there about 1pm on Saturday. Jeepbrew looks like he'll be there also at 1pm.

check out this URL for directions. http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=724595&postcount=9 The pics should show a showerhead on the sidewalk (circled in red). this is where we walk down. Park as close as you can to it in a "legal" parking spot. (parking on the right). If you can't get the pics, PM me your email and I'll email them to you.

I'll be in a 99 Chevy tahoe, dark green with cargo doors on back.

Anyone diving Friday?

Yep, I will be there at 1 PM in a tan '02 Silverado 2500HD.

Gavin, I will PM you my cell phone number.

See ya soon guys...

Brandon

I don't think the attachments for pictures are working yet. I have the pictures of the entrance somewhere on CD but it would probably take me until Saturday to find them :D. The directions in the post will get you there. I'll more than likely be in an old, peely, blue, dodge neon (my scuba bomb).

I was able to email him the attached pics. I got the one up with the shower head circled in red and the arrow to the parking area. I was got the thumbnail to the otherone, but you can see it's the sign and shower head.

Thanks Mike! I should be able to find it no problem! I hope it won't be too crowded! See you guys Sat.! Is anyone wanting to dive the jetty Sunday too? Would anyone happen to know how much nitrox fills cost at ECS or one of the other stores, offhand? It shouldn't be too much i'd think. Oh another thing, jeepbrew, mike_s, or seayoda, do any of ya'll have a dive flag? I don't! :coffee:

Gavin

tsunamigav:
Thanks Mike! I should be able to find it no problem! I hope it won't be too crowded! See you guys Sat.! Is anyone wanting to dive the jetty Sunday too? Would anyone happen to know how much nitrox fills cost at ECS or one of the other stores, offhand? It shouldn't be too much i'd think. Oh another thing, jeepbrew, mike_s, or seayoda, do any of ya'll have a dive flag? I don't! :coffee:

Gavin

Jennifer and I will be diving the jetties on Sunday as well. High tide is at 9:55 AM, so if we plan on doing two tanks we will be in the ocean by 9 AM.

I guess I need to know the best shop to get air fills... I have never gotten any fills in Destin.

I don't have a dive flag either... I can get one if no one else has one.

I'll trow my flag in, but Hopefully SeaYoda will be bringing his 'blow up' flag. It's much easier I think to deal with. We just stick it in the trough once we get in. The boats won't stay away anyway and there is no since giving them a target to aim for (the flag or the divers underneath).

You can get fills at ScubaTech or Emerald Coast Scuba. If they are running a boat trip, you can often get them as early as 7am. (I'd call first though).

At both of them, air fills run about $5 each and Nitrox about $10-$11 each. Scuba tech sometimes has 32% banked, but can partial pressure plend any flavor of O2 you want. I know that Emerald does Nitrox also, but not sure of their methods.

anyone diving Friday?

jviehe is coming also with a group. Should be more flags than the fishermen can throw rocks at:
jviehe:
So, my scuba club is heading to Destin this weekend. Diving with Emerald Coast saturday morning and sunday afternoon, and then the jetties saturday afternoon and sunday morning. There are still some spots on the saturday morning boat dives, and maybe some on the sunday dive if anyone wants to join us. Otherwise, see everyone at the jetties probably.

Sounds like Scubaboard is taking over the jetties this weekend!

jeepbrew:
Sounds like Scubaboard is taking over the jetties this weekend!

well here's what the roster looks like!

SeaYoda
Mike_s + 1 (if he shows)
Jeepbrew
tsunamigav
photohikedive (I'm betting he'll show)
MDB (if PHD shows, so will MDB)
jviehe + crew

jeepbrew:
Jennifer and I will be diving the jetties on Sunday as well. High tide is at 9:55 AM, so if we plan on doing two tanks we will be in the ocean by 9 AM.

I guess I need to know the best shop to get air fills... I have never gotten any fills in Destin.

I don't have a dive flag either... I can get one if no one else has one.

Hey dude,

Are you sure that high tide sunday is at 9:55 am? My source says 12:25pm. http://www.tides.info/?command=view&location=East+Pass+(Destin),+Choctawhatchee+Bay,+Florida

mike_s:
well here's what the roster looks like!

SeaYoda
Mike_s + 1 (if he shows)
Jeepbrew
tsunamigav
photohikedive (I'm betting he'll show)
MDB (if PHD shows, so will MDB)
jviehe + crew

That's definitely Jeepbrew + 1... possibly + 2.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom