Destin Jetties 6/17/06 & 6/18/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tsumanigav,

If the storm works out... I should be there this weekend also. Will be diving high tide on Saturday and most likely Friday also. (maybe thursday, but only if we get there in time). I'll keep you posted.

Here's a few other models... some have them coming in towards Destin.

at200601_model.gif

it's not "small" either.

avn.jpg

photohikedive:
bah, this is exactly why we have better diving than south FL. When they get hit with a storm, they are out of luck.

we can just hit the springs :D

You better tie that camper down. This is your first storm season here. You want to make sure your camper stays put... (I'm serious).

-Mike

This just released this moring. Hurricane warning but I don't think that Destin falls in this area yet.

WTNT21 KNHC 121432
TCMAT1
TROPICAL STORM ALBERTO FORECAST/ADVISORY NUMBER 10
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL012006
1500Z MON JUN 12 2006

AT 10 AM CDT...1500 UTC...A HURRICANE WARNING HAS BEEN ISSUED FOR
THE GULF COAST OF FLORIDA FROM LONGBOAT KEY TO THE OCHLOCKONEE
RIVER.

A HURRICANE WARNING MEANS THAT HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED
WITHIN THE WARNING AREA WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. PREPARATIONS TO
PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY SHOULD BE RUSHED TO COMPLETION.

A TROPICAL STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT SOUTH OF LONGBOAT KEY TO
ENGLEWOOD...AND WEST OF THE OCHLOCKONEE RIVER TO INDIAN PASS.
A TROPICAL STORM WARNING MEANS THAT TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED WITHIN THE WARNING AREA WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

A TROPICAL STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SOUTH OF ENGLEWOOD TO
BONITA BEACH.

it is NOT my first one here. I graduated high school right up the street from where I am now. I weathered a hurricane or two, the last one lost us power for over a week. I loved the free MREs :D Worked for the county during another season of storms. so, bah, and double bah

tsunamigav:
Hello! I'm wanting to dive the destin jetty sat. afternoon too! I will be over there visiting my dad for father's day; I only need a dive buddy. Would you and your gf be willing to have a third person in your group? Please let me know........

Yes, of course you are welcome to join the group.

I was working on one of the highrises off Gulf Shore Dr(Waterview Tower), which is near the end of the road. Big ole rollers coming in and the water was kicked up nicely.

The lagoon looked decent though.

Visibility won't be good to Destin's average, but probably good enough for the normal diver(atleast normal around my way :p). Faster the storm clears out the better though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom