description thoughts for new subforum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix:
yup, definitely better
how about this:

An online lounge where everything is discussed in a local context. English and Filipino are widely spoken but everyone from around the world is always welcome!

"everything" i'm thinking of replacing with the following options:
"anything"
"topics are"

more 2 cents... teka... mukang makakapiso na ako ah...

Jag

Another suggestion, based on Jag's above:

"An online lounge where any topic may be discussed in a local context. English and Filipino are widely spoken but everyone from around the world is always welcome!"

How do you all feel about this wording.

A regional online lounge for any discussion within the ScubaBoard Terms of Service. English and Filipino are the designated languages for this forum. Everyone from around the world is always welcome!

Thanks.

Christian

Matthew:
Another suggestion, based on Jag's above:

"An online lounge where any topic may be discussed in a local context. English and Filipino are widely spoken but everyone from around the world is always welcome!"

AM GAME FOR NOW on the description !!!

:wink:

i think the registration covers the TOS, although "any topic maybe discussed" is mentioned, it is still bounded by the TOS. AND - that is a JOB for our Brgy. Kapitan- SPOON !!!! hehehehehehe

headhunter:
How do you all feel about this wording.

Thanks.

Christian
do we have to mention TOS in the description? isnt' that a given w/ membership?

this in line w/ "ignorance of the law is no excuse" (yomar would have the latin version of this)

Jag

same here, I suggest we dont mention the TOS anymore. The TOS applies to the entire SB, not just this sub-forum.

Matthew:
same here, I suggest we dont mention the TOS anymore. The TOS applies to the entire SB, not just this sub-forum.
The reason for mentioning the TOS is that if we simply say that people can discuss anything they want, some will take that literally and ignore the TOS.

However, I think we can eliminate the part about the TOS now and only reinsert it if someone's actions show that it is necessary.

So, with that change it would read:

A regional online lounge for any discussion. English and Filipino are the designated languages for this forum. Everyone from around the world is always welcome!

Any comments on that?

Christian

headhunter:
A regional online lounge for any discussion. English and Filipino are the designated languages for this forum. Everyone from around the world is always welcome!

Any comments on that?

Christian

i check on this round.

anyone would like to raise?

paolov:
i check on this round.

anyone would like to raise?
i'm raising just a little: An online lounge for any discussion in a local context. English and Filipino are the designated languages for this forum. Everyone from around the world is always welcome!

i removed "regional" since regional can mean asia, southeast asia, or philippine depending on whatever

Jag

shugar:
i'm raising just a little: An online lounge for any discussion in a local context. English and Filipino are the designated languages for this forum. Everyone from around the world is always welcome!
Jag

Call !!!

Back
Top Bottom