Denver Area Rocky Mtn Meet, Greet, Dive -n- Eat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

very cool, it looks great. you'll have to run over the process with me and we'll have to go bug hunting soon. I'm in the works of reinventing a catchbag for bugs...

video of the white striped bass and the small mouth bass.
RMO - 5th annual local MGDE

I am told that the second fish that we see is a Wiper (horizontal stripes)

Yeah I think so too, it seems Wipers are a bit more fat then white bass. I'm not a fisherman so I wasn't sure. I was looking at the state records for wiper and I honestly think this guy would break it, here's hoping he never is!!!

very cool, it looks great. you'll have to run over the process with me and we'll have to go bug hunting soon. I'm in the works of reinventing a catchbag for bugs...

video of the white striped bass and the small mouth bass.
RMO - 5th annual local MGDE
Nice vid Spencer

I've never been in that res even 1/3rd that clear. Bummer I missed that day, sounds like you guys had a good time.

Hey Austin! Thanks, yeah it was a good one, wish you where there. there is a lot of talk about dives this summer, I"ll make sure to call and bug you so you can get in on the fun.

I watched the video which was really good. The crawdads where having a rough time with the smallmouth. The other fish is confirmed as a wiper. I grew up in Nebraska and I have caught several of these. This one is around 8 to 10 pounds roughly. I am not sure what the state record is in Colorado but in Nebraska these fish are comming in at 20+ pounds. I am curious what type of camera was used to shoot the video if someone could let me know I would appreciate it.

colorado wiper record is 12 lbs something... I'm telling you he was a nice looking fish. I loved seeing the small mouth, but then I saw the wiper and that just made my dive.

the video was shot with a sony cybershot dsc-t100 in a sony marine pack.
all my pics in my photos album where shot with this setup.
if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom