Dense commenter on Youtube, Scuba dangerous

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that's some funny stuff right there. I need a fix....... :shower: ..........I'm addicted! :D

You know, if you're driving down one of America's many two-lane highways going 55MPH, just the smallest slip of your hand on the steering wheel at the wrong time will send you into a head-on collision with another vehicle moving just as fast, probably resulting in a trip to the mortuary for both vehicle's drivers and passengers as well.

That's a "small error" that can lead not only to your own death, but the deaths of many others in addition. And I daresay it's a much more common occurrence than serious scuba injuries or fatalities, which even then tend to only put the diver at risk.

Yet I doubt that keeps many folks from driving two-lane highways. Point being, we all already do common ordinary things in life where the smallest error could result in grave injury, probably even more than we're aware of. At least with scuba, I have a good idea of the risks involved and am generally only a threat to myself.

We members of homo sapiens only get one finite life, certain debateable religious concepts aside. Every activity has risks, but whether you take the risks or not, there is a 100% probability you will ultimately die. You make your choices, you take your chances, you meet the consequences... and all choices ultimately have consequences, even the choice not to decide.

I tried to post: It wouldn't let me. I was going to add:

Scuba diving is certainly dangerous for idiots. If you're an idiot: don't dive. However, if you are a reasonably intelligent person of moderate physical fitness and have the ability to follow simple rules, then the oceans and other waterways are a wonderful playground. Yes, there is some risk, but training should teach you how to ameliorate that risk. Come see how the other 2/3s of the planet lives!

I tried to post: It wouldn't let me. I was going to add:

Scuba diving is certainly dangerous for idiots. If you're an idiot: don't dive. However, if you are a reasonably intelligent person of moderate physical fitness and have the ability to follow simple rules, then the oceans and other waterways are a wonderful playground. Yes, there is some risk, but training should teach you how to ameliorate that risk. Come see how the other 2/3s of the planet lives!

I covered you, Pete! :thumb:

And so easy to become addicted! Why, one could die without it!

W.C. Fields had a remedy for that addiction!

You know, if you're driving down one of America's many two-lane highways going 55MPH, just the smallest slip of your hand on the steering wheel at the wrong time will send you into a head-on collision with another vehicle moving just as fast, probably resulting in a trip to the mortuary for both vehicle's drivers and passengers as well.

That's a "small error" that can lead not only to your own death, but the deaths of many others in addition. And I daresay it's a much more common occurrence than serious scuba injuries or fatalities, which even then tend to only put the diver at risk.

The most dangerous part of any dive I do on the mainland is the trip on the Lost Angeles freeways to and from the dive site. I don't worry near as much here on the island in my golf cart.

Di - Two
Hydrogen - speaks for itself
Mon(o) - One
Oxide - Oxygen

H2O
And technically, the correct notation for the compound is HOH but H2O is just to popular.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom