Denise's very own NONSENSE THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's just basic animal instinct.....dogs find their way home all the time...:D

denisegg:
"Did you know that every brain begins as a female brain? Scientists have proved that until eight weeks after conception, all brains are female.

so, basically, the female brain stops developing after 8 weeks, yet the man's continues? hmmm

denisegg:
For instance, a woman uses about 20,000 words a day while a man uses about 7,000. "

that's because a man knows when to shut up...

photohikedive:
so, basically, the female brain stops developing after 8 weeks, yet the man's continues? hmmm

but to no avail......:D

photohikedive:
that's because a man knows when to shut up...

OR...could it be the lack of an available vocabulary OR your limited ability to have clear and concise thought patterns which renders your ability to converse rather strained........:D

my favorite explanation of this was from a commercial advertising some guy's Broadway Act, "Defending the Caveman"

The idea of a "man of few words" is a natural extension of the hunting environment, Sullivan contends. You set a goal -- aka kill buffalo -- then proceed in a one-track manner to achieve that goal, with silence being essential to the success because noise could scare away game. Gathering, however, involves a multi-task orientation and talking is useful to scare away any predators. The woman would process a lot of information both visually and through conversation with her fellow gatherers as she filled her basket.

I think in the commercial he joked that if a woman stopped talking, she was likely being eaten by a sabertooth tiger...

Well you see that explains it...a man only has one track to work with.........but because our brains evolved more, women can multi-task....

Thank you for clearing that up MonkeyBoy!!

denisegg:
You are a methodical thinker Roy...always rational, orderly and systematic..:wink:

Oh it took me quite a while to post that because I couldn't stop laughing at it. :D

Your brain is above average for a man, Roy...:wink:

unfortunately, all the evolving occurred in the auditroy capacity. luckily we men have enough for ourselves and to take care of the many women we must deal with .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom