Denise's very own NONSENSE THREAD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayne!!!
How goes it? Long time no speak....I am doing great!! I did my 80th dive Sunday!!

Congratulations on turning 80 this past weekend. You really do look great for your....ah, nevermind.

apologies for falling off the face of the internet for a while. Lots going on....I was unable to make my planned trip to Destin to complete my certification back in May, but I did manage to complete certification up here in hillbilly orange people land at Loch Low Minn quarry. It was an interesting two days. Not a bit of trouble till that 6th and final dive...

Enough with the age already!!!:D I know you guys just can't believe that I am not 21.....get over it!!!:wink:

wmessin:
Not a bit of trouble till that 6th and final dive...

What happened then?

nothing too major. everything was fine on the surface then we began to descend as a group. The first breath that I took underwater I got a mouth full of water...not air. I kicked right back to the surface immediately. I tried it again....just water. I tried my secondary source and it worked fine.

My buddy met me at the surface and I told him what was going on. He descended to the 24 foot deck where we were all to meet just below me to inform the instructor that I was having difficulty. In the meantime I was hitting the purge button and generally knocking the side of the regulator to see if I could get it "un-stuck".

Finally the instructor surfaced and just as he did my regulator began working again. He figured I had some sand or something in there and that all would be fine. He told me that we should get going to catch up with the rest of the class who had continued on with the dive con.

I was a little uncomfortable and not trusting my regulator all that much but I continued anyway. Looking back, I shouldn't have, even though I didn't have trouble the rest of the dive. And the instructor shouldn't have assumed anything either, but that's a different topic.

In the meantime, the group that had gone on without me and the instructor had gotten split up accidentally. Problems ensued with one of the divers that wasn't doing well in the class as she got lost on her own for about 5 minutes. We learned all of this after the dive was over. Needless to say, that final dive of the weekend was one to forget for the whole class. Luckily everyone ended up making out ok.

Back
Top Bottom