Demo Wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisRaabe

Reaction score
Does anyone think scuba shops should have demo suits u can try out even if it be just in the training pool, to test for comfort, fit, etc?

the lds that hubby works at is more than happy for you to jump in the pool and try out a suit

only problem is when someone over chlorines the pool and the suit comes out bleached! (saw this last month)

considering dive shops hire suits out also i dont see why they cant have suits available for you to try out before buying

cheers

ea I wish I could find a place that would let u try out suits first.

i would be phoning scubatoys/leisurepro/whatever and you asking them what is their returns policy

honestly, im always amazed by the fact that we are expected to fork out hundreds (if not nearly $1K for some gear) untried and they usually come with a no returns policy

goodluck!!

yea I agree. That's not a half bad idea for a business. Just kidding. Still wish there were places that would let u try them out, kinda like demo kayaks. Although not he se exact thing

I bought my first wetsuit online which was too small. Since I made arrangements to return it if it didn't fit I returned it for the next size larger, paid about $10 shipping. They actually paid for the second shipping charge. Same with a BCD I bought onine.

A lot of shops do have wetsuits to try. It's called rental. We can't possibly stock every size, combination or color. I was informed by a very knowledgeable internet diver that color does make a difference in bouyancy.

Usually tho we can get very close to what you're looking for.

I was under the impression rental suits were generic, kinda like how rafting outfitters use the same NRS suits?

Leisurepro.com has Pressure Free Fit warranty on items like wetsuits...you can send back they pay shipping and send you a different size.

Cheers.

-J.-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom