Demo Wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was under the impression rental suits were generic, kinda like how rafting outfitters use the same NRS suits?

The shop I instruct with sells ScubaPro and we have some ScubaPro in rental. The rentals all aren't the same. We have 3 mil, 5 mil, 2 piece, etc. We don't have every possible combination that is offered but I don't know many shops that can afford that luxury.

Does anyone think scuba shops should have demo suits u can try out even if it be just in the training pool, to test for comfort, fit, etc?

Yes, and I can see how this works. Charge for the demo, when it comes back, put it on sale used, or use as rental.

Chris, have you checked the LDS down there in Eugene? I know that Salem Scuba has a few different brands of suit in their rental stock, plus the owner will let you dive any suit and if you dont like it you can exchange it.

I dont really want to order a suit first. So I think all hope is lost for this lol.

Chris - Nothing is lost. Manufacturers tour the country, visiting quarries and other dive locations allowing divers to try out gear. Check out their web sites. It is late in the season but you may see a date next year that works.

Also, get out your yellow pages and call your local dive shops and ask if you can try out some suits in the water. You may find them accommedating. Your the customer.

Tom

well in oregon its hard because in Eugene we only have one dive shop

Yeah, the LDS is going to have to learn to keep demo models of every size wetsuit in stock, maintain a pool, charge on-line prices and forget to collect state sales taxes. As soon as they figure this out, the old time "dinosaur" LDS should have no trouble competing with leisure-pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom