DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEMA - so no major equipment companies, but great massage chairs on offer?

Any essential oils on for sale?

If the core equipment brands in the industry don’t exhibit why would shop buyers come?

Travel?

Does not sound like a happy ending is at hand, does it?

They pulled them from my LDS. Still sold at the big box stores...Best Buy, Target etc.

Force-E still sells them heavily including the 10. I’ll have to pay attention when I’m next in the other shops I frequent (Jupiter Dive Ctr, Pura Vida & SCUBAdventures). Last I recall they all still had GoPro displays and inventory.

I guess that GoPro may have upped the minimum sales needed to be a retailer. Took out the small shops that may have sold a half dozen in a year. Kept the high volume stores that could turn over the inventory fast enough to keep fresh product on the shelf.

So I was watching some DEMA videos and came across this sidemount presentation by UTD. They are proposing a new type of sidemount configuration for regulators that use QC6 connectors to connect system to 1st stages. This appears to be another attempt to create some of the functionality of their unpopular z-mount manifold, using other parts. Advantage appears to be it allows you to keep the same BM doubles DIR configuration with SM tanks. Not sure what I think of this at all, curious if others have seen it.

the meat of the system description starts at about 26:30

Long day of work? I thought that you were retired.
Yep. I’m retired. My definition of long day of work could be yard work, cycling, diving, hiking, any outdoor activities other that sitting in my study room punching keyboard.

Zero, never and zero again.
Good for you. Save money.

Yep. I’m retired. My definition of long day of work could be yard work, cycling, diving, hiking, any outdoor activities other that sitting in my study room punching keyboard.

You're living my dream!!! Someday soon for me too hopefully. :)

Reactions: Dan

Good for you. Save money.
Once again, it seems as if we have a diction problem. To most people, coming home after a long day’s work does not include hiking, cycling, diving or mowing the lawn. Enjoy the chair! I tried one at a show a few years back, they’re wonderful.

If I brought one home, I’d be lucky to keep one pair of old fins after the divorce settlement.

Right. I called it DEMA light. I just came back from it. According to the people who were there, before the pandemic, it is about 1/4 size of what it used to be.

I’m looking forward to “hopefully” the normal size DEMA in Orlando, next year.
is there a date set for next year DEMA?

is there a date set for next year DEMA?

YearDatesVenueHall(S)City, State
DEMA Show 2021* November 16-19, 2021*Las Vegas Convention CenterSouth HallsLas Vegas, NV
DEMA Show 2022*November 1-4, 2022*Orange County Convention CenterSouth HallsOrlando, FL
DEMA Show 2023*November 14-17, 2023*Ernest N. Morial Convention CenterHalls G-JNew Orleans, LA
DEMA Show 2024Dates TBDLas Vegas Convention CenterHalls TBDLas Vegas, NV
DEMA Show 2025*November 11-14, 2025*Orange County Convention CenterWest HallsOrlando, FL
DEMA Show 2026*November 3-6, 2026*Ernest N. Morial Convention CenterHalls G-JNew Orleans, LA
DEMA Show 2027Dates TBDLas Vegas Convention CenterHalls TBDLas Vegas, NV
DEMA Show 2028*November 14-17, 2028*Orange County Convention CenterWest HallsOrlando, FL
DEMA Show 2029*November 6-9, 2029*Ernest N. Morial Convention CenterHalls G-JNew Orleans, LA

Back
Top Bottom