DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YearDatesVenueHall(S)City, State
DEMA Show 2021*November 16-19, 2021*Las Vegas Convention CenterSouth HallsLas Vegas, NV
DEMA Show 2022*November 1-4, 2022*Orange County Convention CenterSouth HallsOrlando, FL
DEMA Show 2023*November 14-17, 2023*Ernest N. Morial Convention CenterHalls G-JNew Orleans, LA
DEMA Show 2024Dates TBDLas Vegas Convention CenterHalls TBDLas Vegas, NV
DEMA Show 2025*November 11-14, 2025*Orange County Convention CenterWest HallsOrlando, FL
DEMA Show 2026*November 3-6, 2026*Ernest N. Morial Convention CenterHalls G-JNew Orleans, LA
DEMA Show 2027Dates TBDLas Vegas Convention CenterHalls TBDLas Vegas, NV
DEMA Show 2028*November 14-17, 2028*Orange County Convention CenterWest HallsOrlando, FL
DEMA Show 2029*November 6-9, 2029*Ernest N. Morial Convention CenterHalls G-JNew Orleans, LA
thank you Dan

Reactions: Dan
thank you Dan
You are welcome. They always rotate the show in 3 places: Las Vegas, Orlando & New Orleans.

Interesting to see that for Las Vegas in the future dates are TBD. I wonder what that means.

I wonder what that means.
I'm not referring to DEMA but rather tradeshows in general for booking. In the larger convention halls there is usually minimum square footage & booth requirements for certain venues and halls. It take ALOT of dollars to turn on the AC, staff doors, parking & on >on>on. Almost all convention halls Lose Money, but they make up for it in hotel/other taxes. In Orlando we have 2 separate buildings and the rates and requirements are very different for each. If a show is not able to meet minimum requirements, they may switch to a hall that they can sign on the dotted line and guarantee to meet. Hence " TBD". Many tradeshows after Covid 2020 had to payout huge dollars to reschedule contracted space and now can't get their exhibitors to commit to even showing up. We've had a couple of reasonably large tradeshows that have moved out of the convention center and over to the large hotels who have big halls to accommodate those now smaller shows. I feel sorry for those huge convention halls of 1mill sq ft that are not in a vacation town cause they are getting whacked with shows leaving and empty buildings...

Just my opinion & experience so don't listen to me but........one avenue DEMA could chose would be to partner up with ANOTHER tradeshow and host together. It's done in the automotive industry frequently & successfully. So who would diving folks partner up with?? >>>Boat shows??

Yeah, like I need another money sucking distraction.
Luckily for me, I don't visit DEMA anyway, but Dusseldorf almost divorced me twice.

So I was watching some DEMA videos and came across this sidemount presentation by UTD.

the meat of the system description starts at about 26:30
I think I like it .... seemed to make sense to me.

Hey everyone,
The Alkin Team and myself will be attending this year's DEMA show! Our booth number is 653 and we would love to have any of you stop by and check out our compressors!

Everytime I see Orange county I get real excited about maybe going and then realize its the wrong Orange county lol

Everytime I see Orange county I get real excited about maybe going and then realize its the wrong Orange county lol
Then there's the Orange, Essex County in NJ, with all of the, uh, charms of the Garden State . . .

Then there's the Orange County in NJ, with all of the charms of the Garden State . . .
Allow me to explain why Orange County in NJ has no charm.

It does not exist.

That was easy. :p

I’ll let New Yorkers explain to BB why it has no charm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom