DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would think, before you get out of the water, you dump the thousands of pounds of pressure water back to the water, which is at zero gauge pressure.

I agree with the limited application of this gear, i.e., it’s OK for warm water diving, where you wear no wetsuit or thin wetsuit. If the tank is filled up with water, the weight gained would be 20 lbs at most with not much air left in the tank for breathing.
Correct, just dump the water that is in the bladder. Even if down to only a couple hundred PSI and a lot of water in the bladder, it will still empty it completely in a hurry.

For the second part, that makes no sense. So you add 20 pounds of water (man is that a LOT). But that makes no difference to the amount of air you have to dive with. Sure the pressure it is stored at will be higher, but you are not loosing any air from it. Adding water doesn't remove air storage capacity, just changes it to a higher pressure.

There's quite a bit of information on their website Avelo interesting read

Even somewhat answers my question about managing gas supply, seems like you probably convert your gas volume to the new pressure range after adding the ballast water

For the second part, that makes no sense. So you add 20 pounds of water (man is that a LOT). But that makes no difference to the amount of air you have to dive with. Sure the pressure it is stored at will be higher, but you are not loosing any air from it. Adding water doesn't remove air storage capacity, just changes it to a higher pressure.
I was referring to displacing maximum volume of the bladder with water. An AL80 has about 11.5 L or about 11.5 kg of water as water density is 1kg/L. There’s a limit of maximum air pressure that you can compress into the tank. So the bladder volume would be a fraction of the tank volume (11.5 L).

Looks like the valve is right at the bottom of the tank. Imagine how it looks when a diver vents several gallons of water at 200psi out the rear end of their rig while climbing the boat ladder.
He / she may not need the ladder. :wink:

I’d think there would be some kind of flow restriction.

Hydraulic piston pump can put up high pressure up to 10,000 psi.

Sure, given size and eight and cost and power....

First Dema for us but many said 1/2 the vendors and 1/4 the foot traffic. Even so we were happy to be there to show off our DRYFOBs and meet folks from all over.
Any plans for one beyond 40 meters?

Tanks are made in Colorado with backing from someone from Coors family. Avelo is based in Maui. Asked about a demo they said sure, fly out to Maui.
I'll have to ask some of the people I know in Maui to try it out. Might go there in January. I'll have to look them up.

Any plans for one beyond 40 meters?
Hey Kosta, regarding DRYFOB depth limit, we've kept them at 115 PSI over 24 hours without an issue (like 260 ft) One lab took them to 200ft sw multiple times and documented the test in their report. We really wanted to certify for rec. dive limit on the packaging to claim 'waterproof' and thus asked the lab to do the IPx8 test to 130 ft/1hr. This is really more a test spec than any kind of product limitation. Perhaps some SB members have already taken them deeper in practice, I know a few of picked one up (and we do appreciate it). Thanks for your interest and question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom