DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Peregrine/Perdix screens are in short supply. Teric sales are through the roof so it would make no sense.

Peregrine has stopped shipping until maybe February per DGX website. No news on Perdix shortage.

First Dema for us but many said 1/2 the vendors and 1/4 the foot traffic. Even so we were happy to be there to show off our DRYFOBs and meet folks from all over.

Attachments

• 804C1A94-E31D-4B32-958F-9939B0F61FD5.jpeg
    804C1A94-E31D-4B32-958F-9939B0F61FD5.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 103
It is not a consumer show save for the last day.
It is never a consumer show...that is, it is not open to non-professional consumers, off the streets. Some folks displaying their wares will sell them off the last day, so as not to have to take them home, but that's it.

From what I understand DEMA is a good bit smaller this year and a lot of people just weren’t going.
Right. I called it DEMA light. I just came back from it. According to the people who were there, before the pandemic, it is about 1/4 size of what it used to be.

I’m looking forward to “hopefully” the normal size DEMA in Orlando, next year.

What do you all think about this?

Says it delivers more air than a normal (Al80?) tank, while weighing less, despite having a bunch of batteries and pumps and stuff. Does it run 5000# in a carbon tank to do that? Says it manages buoyancy by pumping corrosive seawater at very high pressure into the tank, with a bladder to separate it from the air. With a battery powered pump? It’s not outright impossible but seems a ways beyond current state of the art.
If you’re diving cold water you’re still packing a bunch of lead just to sink your suit, and you still want extra buoyancy on the surface just in case. Even if this does hold up to every claim I think I’ll stick with my heavy rig.

Back
Top Bottom