DEMA Show the perfect place to learn about the HOLLIS LINE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNewsWire

Contributor
Reaction score
Since the inception of Hollis, revolutionary products have been our cornerstone. 2013 has been no exception. The Explorer rebreather has taken the recreational rebreather market by storm and the Prism 2 continues to surprise the technical CCR crowd with its ease of breathing, simplicity and cutting edge electronics package. For those lucky enough to have purchased one of these units, we appreciate your support. The transition to CCR is not easily done, but certainly worth it for those who are serious about diving.
Hollis has also become a leader in the sidemount market. Just long enough to see companies jump ship from “backmount only”, and to welcome others who are new here. Sidemount is not just a fad and not just a tool for cavers. It’s here to stay and is growing. The partnership between Hollis and Jeff Loflin created the SMS100, a product that has been copied, modified and a benchmark for technical sidemount for years. Even more popular has been the lightweight SMS50 line. These two have taken sidemount mainstream, however we recognize there is a gap between the two.  
Another well respected sidemount diver and Hollis dealer, Edd Sorenson, is responsible for a unique modification of the SMS100. Every harness that Edd’s store, Cave Adventurers, purchases is rebuilt into the “Edd Mod”. The product that Edd sells is one of a kind, and one that should be available out of the box to all Hollis customers. It has been the building block of our newest addition, the SMS75. While it will cater more to hardcore cave divers like Edd, the SMS75 was created to handle all environments. Proper trim is key and the wing is designed to promote horizontal diving with increased lift towards the hips where it’s needed most, and without modification. It’s all about the “Physics”, which is part of Edd’s philosophy of sidemount diving. The SMS75 will also support rear mounted tanks and reversible inflator positions.

The 500SE regulator is another new product that is gaining recognition and goes hand in hand with the sidemount kits from Hollis. Using the proven servo assisted valve design, the 500SE delivers precision airflow and unparalleled performance for both air and trimix divers. To achieve this, we have perfected the original "lever-servo valve” which delivers a smooth, comfortable breathing pattern regardless of depth and in left or right handed configuration.  The obvious feature of any side exhaust regulator is that bubbles don’t get in a diver’s face, something especially photographers will appreciate. Benefit from quick disassembly of the second stage without tools and a convenient clip location for easy storage. 
Technical divers have embraced the DC7 first stage which allows them to customize the hose routing for backmount and sidemount applications. The diver can select to route their hose over either the right or left shoulder depending on cylinder placement. This versatility is one of the main advantages of the 500SE/DC7 package.  Here is a recent review from Peter Sotis of Add Helium a well-known technical diving center in Naples, Florida.  
“I had the pleasure of taking a couple of these regulators to Grand Cayman for the Focus Underwater event. The first thing you notice is how light these regulators are...great for travel! Second, the design is perfect for stage and bailout configurations, not to mention side mount. After trying them out shallow, I took them down to about 150' and bailed out from my rebreather. I descended to 300' and was intentionally swimming hard against a current for over 10 minutes. This regulator delivers gas better than any other regulator I have tried at this depth. As my gas supply became limited I ascended to shallower depths and got back on my rebreather. Now this is the only regulator I carry as my bailout regulator. Great job, Hollis!”  
AUP and Hollis have been making dive computers for 30+ years. It is our innovation and attention to details that have made them the leader in the industry. The new TX1 is a mixed gas dive computer capable of open circuit air/nitrox/trimix and wireless HP monitoring. The TX1 utilizes a Bühlmann ZHL-16C algorithm with user adjustable gradient factors, allowing the diver to uniquely control their decompression calculations. With up to 6 gases and 6 independent transmitters, there are unlimited options for the use of this gauge for both recreational and technical diving.
The Hollis line continues to grow and we are pleased to bring you so many exciting products. Stop by the Hollis booth (#1221) and meet with the Edd, Jeff, the rest of the Hollis staff and enter for a drawing to win some cool products. We also welcome you to our service and marketing seminars. Spaces are limited, see here for more information: http://aupgear.com/seminars/.
See you at the show!

8fJneQxdzvM

More...

Back
Top Bottom